Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #1

RVP Basement Air

Hi all

I have a Win Adventurer and have a basement ac issue. Fan starts but not the compressor 1. I downloaded the RVP manuals and followed the check out instructions. I have a 6535A system and main control board. After a good 3 hours of debug I have determined that the board need replacing. The RVP PC Board replacement install instructions advise a 6536C320 replaces the old 6535A

I have not been able to find one by trolling the internet. Is there anyone out there purchased one in the past?

Thx much for the help

John
Callumwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumwh View Post
Hi all

I have a Win Adventurer and have a basement ac issue. Fan starts but not the compressor 1. I downloaded the RVP manuals and followed the check out instructions. I have a 6535A system and main control board. After a good 3 hours of debug I have determined that the board need replacing. The RVP PC Board replacement install instructions advise a 6536C320 replaces the old 6535A

I have not been able to find one by trolling the internet. Is there anyone out there purchased one in the past?

Thx much for the help

John
I have the same model A/C as yours. I had to replace the board a couple of years ago and could not find one other than at RVP.
Before you by make sure all the spade connectors are snug and both the relays in the upper right corner are good.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
I found the replacement on the internet last fall, seems like it was around $135(might have been thru an RV dealer). It's not a complicated job, but study the wiring diagrams(old vs. new) very well, and label all the wires before starting. The new board has a slightly different arrangement for the wiring lugs, and I believe you omit one wire. I also ended up having a start capacitor and comp #2 replaced by my home a/c guy. He found it simple to work on, once a friend and I removed the a/c from the coach and set it on sawhorses. It was a good opportunity to clean the coils which were mostly blocked with dirt, and oil the squirrelcage bearings. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #4

Kix and TurtleKent

Thanks for the guidance. I plan to call RVP on Monday and ask them how/who I can get one from. On my 6535A board the green led flashes fast indicating a fault. I went thru checking the AC , shorting the thermisters and checking the voltages as instructed. Voltages on the thermostat connector look good at 12V but still no luck. I also swapped the compressor contact relay and again no luck. Capacitors look good , starters look good and connections seem tight. Hence my conclusion that the board is bad. Coincidentally I think the board went bad when my house batteries drained and I tried to start the AC. I am suspecting something happened then.

Going on a 3K trip in August and without AC it would make for a very unpleasant trip.

John
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
KIX

let us know the ultimate solution
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #6

I had similar problems last winter in Florida, called RVP and it took the tech about 30 seconds to tell me that I needed a new board.

Lazy Days in Tampa had 2 in stock at a price very close to the internet plus shipping. I picked it up and installed it the same day. As mentioned before, read and study the directions carefully before starting, otherwise it's not a difficult project.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #7

Quick Update
I called RVP and I had a really pleasant experience as the Service Technician walked me through some things to try. I will go try them and if not successfull I will be buying a new 6535C3209 board. Localy avaiiable in stock for $170.

As I see it things happen and parts break but when you have a company that can help you get back on your feet it helps tremendously. So far on my MH I have had an HWH hydraulic leak and a AC unit that went on the blink. Both companies are helping me get back on the road. Because I know that I can chat with someone and get the advice I need I feel somewhat satisfied. I am not in the wilderness at the mercy of a dealer (heh I dont like dealers what can I say) who can tell me anything they want.

So far so good. I am a newebie RVer and getting more comfortable every day.

Stay tuned
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #8

I've used Dinasore electronics for frige and hot water heater boards. They are a really great company. Don't know if they have a/c boards , but it wouldn't hurt to Google and make a call. They up grade there boards over the OEM.