Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2017, 06:25 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
We have been RVing in Wisconsin for the past 25 years. We are fortunate to have an attached big 2 stall garage . The MH is in one stall and our 2 cars are in the other one in front of the other.

I go through this withdrawal every fall when I have to winterize our coach which I will do tomorrow. The sadness lasts all winter because every time I go out to the garage to run out a car the MH seems to look at me with sad eyes and say I am lonesome won't you take me for a drive?

I can't give in to those tender looks due to the salt on the highways here in Wisconsin all winter. So what can a guy do but pray for an early spring?

Don
Our summer home is just a little ways from you in Plover. Twelve years ago, we learned that the best way to winterize our coach was to go where it didn't get below freezing temps. It's worked out just fine and no fuss. This year we left Oct 9th and will return in mid May. When our kids are shoveling snow, we will be running the pontoon up the Colorado River. Now I can't even spell AR-VEE antafreze
Crasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Is it Spring yet ?
I can't tell where you are from or where the MH is located but if you were up here you wouldn't park the MH under the eves of a garage or anything else. Ice and snow can cause a lot of damage when it slides off the roof.
It even seems like rain would be directed directly to the roof of the MH.
Lynn
Old 10-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #45

IMG_0190.jpg

Cleaned and winterized yesterday....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	181497  
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #46
WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Ahh, alas, putting the coach away for the winter is just part of the price we have to pay for the great summers we get here in WNY. Soon the snow will come and it will go and we can all bring our babies out into the Spring sunshine!

Yeah, well it’s coming tomorrow. You keep it up there in Erie County. HDV can make it when they need it and I don’t have to snow blow it! LOL
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYtraveler View Post
We had to put our motorhome into covered winter storage. It's going to be a loooooonnnnggggg six months.

Please tell me everything will be alright.
It will only be alright if you took the correct precautions to winterize it before laying it up.

Well did you? If not then woo is you come spring.
If you did then don't' worry be happy

There is another option, Become a Snowbird and use it all winter long somewhere else.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:10 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Storage? Qu'est ce que c'est "storage"? [emoji57]
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:43 AM   #49

We've had an unusual cold snap this past week, so I'm looking at this coming weekend to do the dreaded winterizing. Am I the only one who always wonders if I got it all done right? So far it's always worked.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:00 AM   #50

We put ours into Winter hibernation this past weekend. It is climate controlled (as in it doesn't get below 50), so all I do is drain everything and make sure everything is turned off. I stays plugged in to a 20 amp circuit. So for the next 5 months he can play with his motorhome buddies, like the Essex next door and the Prevost down the aisle, and then there's my little Bay Star. I'm already setting up my winter projects.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Yeah, well it’s coming tomorrow. You keep it up there in Erie County. HDV can make it when they need it and I don’t have to snow blow it! LOL

Is Holiday Valley open yet? It is snowing here right now but still above freezing at a balmy 36 degrees. It's only a matter of time before the snow blower goes onto the tractor and we get ready for another winter.

The RV will have to wait for better weather come April to see the light of day!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:29 PM   #52

Done for the winter?

Here in sunny Southern California (presently 82 degrees) it never needs to be winterized. Going to Mission Bay next weekend. Gotta luv it!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:38 PM   #53

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
I can't tell where you are from or where the MH is located but if you were up here you wouldn't park the MH under the eves of a garage or anything else. Ice and snow can cause a lot of damage when it slides off the roof.
It even seems like rain would be directed directly to the roof of the MH.
Lynn
I am NORTH of you so I am in fact well aware of snow, ice and rain. We have gutters so rain is a non issue. We've lived in this house for about 4 1/2 years and with the proper insulation and ventilation we have never had a snow or ice issue. I do keep a daily eye on possible problems but have yet to have to deal with any of the mentioned issues.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #54

I think some vodka in the system, then head over to Salem to help the legislature make some better decisions!

We're pretty lucky in eastern Oregon/Western Idaho...the winters can be a little brutal, but the roads are usually cleared pretty well. We can still saunter and visit without too much trouble or extra traction devices. Besides, working two jobs means there's no such thing as summer vacation. Ya gotta take it whenever the next best thing comes along.
ArgoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #55

Been RVing for 30 years now. Winterizing a RV is something I know nothing about. Now RVing when it's over 110, that I'm a expert at.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
It will only be alright if you took the correct precautions to winterize it before laying it up.

Well did you? If not then woo is you come spring.
If you did then don't' worry be happy

There is another option, Become a Snowbird and use it all winter long somewhere else.
Let's see........

I drained the water heater, fresh water tank, Grey and black tank. Then I use an air compressor set at 35 ponds to blow out all the water lines.

Then I purchased three gallons of the pink antifreeze......... pumped two gallons through the water pump and ran it until pink came out of every faucet. I poured more pink antifreeze into each drain and toilet.

I checked the tire pressure....... washed and waxed my coach....... changed the oil and lubed the chassis. I checked all fluid levels and tested the radiator.

We emptied the coach of any and all food and liquids as well as all toilet paper, paper toweling and kleenex. Nothing left inside the coach to eat or build nests with.

We put little swatches of fabric in each compartment in the basement as well as the cupboards inside with some peppermint oil on them. (Wife insisted)

Stored the coach..... locked up......... power cutoff switches deployed.

I'll be down to visit Holi Home every couple of weeks and to check her out.

How did I do?