Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Samson Tire information

I installed 6 Samson Tires on my Motor Home and have receieved a lot of questions from people wanting to Know where they are made and if to USA standards. Here is the info I have gathered. I am still working on getting a Load Inflation table. I have contacted the US distributors and asked for one. Awaiting a reply.
Mel

Guizhou Tyre Co. LTD*was founded in Shanghai and moved to Guiyang, China in 1958 and is one of the leading Chinese tire manufacturers, the home of “ADVANCE” brand. We are the OE supplier of some famous equipment manufacturers, producing six categories and over a thousand types*and sizes of Truck, Bus, OTR, Agricultural, Industrial and Solid tires. GTC manufactures both radial and bias tires. GTC has obtained the*ISO9001, ISO14001, American NHTSA DOT certification, European E-Mark*and the*Gulf Standards GCC certification. We produce over 5.8 million tires annually with well over 1,000 sizes.

GTC North America, Inc., based in Canton, Ohio, is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chinese-based Guizhou Tyre Company LTD.
We are ISO 9001: 2008 & ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management Certificate, ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management Certificate, ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and CNAS Laboratory Accreditation Certificate, SASO, The Gulf standard GCC, DOT, E-mark, 3C, Smartway and Chinese Military Product Quality System.

4580 Stephen Circle NW
Suite 202
Canton, Ohio 44718
Tel.*330 498 5000

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #2

And all that means???????

HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I installed 6 Samsons a few months ago and so far they are Great
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:38 AM   #4

If you do get an inflation table, please post it here! I didn't have any luck getting one when I tried a year ago. Luckily, every other manufacturer's charts for my tire size/load range are identical, so I just use them.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #5

Installed new Samson Tires today.

DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:15 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBob View Post
If you do get an inflation table, please post it here! I didn't have any luck getting one when I tried a year ago. Luckily, every other manufacturer's charts for my tire size/load range are identical, so I just use them.
I contacted the office in Canton Ohio. They sent me a brochure with the tire spec's for the GL283A tire in my size. Guess they don't know what a Load and inflation chart or table is. I have gotten several charts from different Tire companies and most of them are pretty much the same for my size tire, Very little difference. I will keep trying to find a official load and inflation table from Samson Tires.
Mel
Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
Thyanks for posting your tire charts. Where did you get them? They are pretty much the same as the ones that I have, but not from Samson.
Mel
Old 07-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post

Those are goodyear tire charts.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Heard Back from Samson Tire today

Well I finally got a answer from Samson about a Load and Inflation chart or table. They do not have one at least the North american office in Canton Ohio does not. They did however confirm that the lowest tire pressure for the GL283A 245/70R19.5 tires, was 80 Lbs with the following. Single tires at 80 PSI = 3865 Lbs Duals at 80 PSI = 3645 Lbs I am running 85 PSI in the fronts and 90 PSI in the real duals of my 2006 Huricane. Way more tire than what is needed. I weighed my Motor home this morning with full Gas propane full Gray and Black Tanks 2/3s full and fresh water 2/3s full Motor home placard is
front axle 7000 Lbs
Rear axle 11000 Lbs
Gvwr 18000 Lbs
My weights on the cat scale were
Front axle 5520 Lbs
Rear axle 10420 Lbs
Total weight 15940 Certified weight.
No handling problems and the ride is smooth
Mel
Old 07-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
The chart above is the one I posted in your other thread THIS ONE.

I got an email this morning from the guy who sent me the chart and he did say that the dealer he purchased his Samsons from told him that is what Samson USA told him to give to customers who bought Samson truck tires as they do not have their own chart. The dealer told him that it's "close enough" as most truck tire inflation charts are pretty close to each other. That seems logical but I don't know that for sure.

I suppose Samson could just tell their customers "use the Goodyear chart" for that is what they are essentially saying anyway.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:02 AM   #11

Truck tires made in China.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Truck tires made in China.
This kind of talk takes me back to the 1950s when we started getting imports from Japan. Sure, there were some cheesy things, but QC and the Japanese work ethic persevered.

I've had Samsons for over a year now, and still around to talk about it. They amaze me with how little air they lose from month to month; sometimes they lose zero psi.

Best bet for those in doubt is to go to a truck tire center and wander around the grave yard; noting brand names of the tires that blew out. That will sober you up.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post

I've had Samsons for over a year now, and still around to talk about it. They amaze me with how little air they lose from month to month; sometimes they lose zero psi.
If that is the test of a good tire, my Michelin's must be the best. I haven't added air to the eight on my coach in over a year. I run 5 psi over what the load chart calls for at 65*. The only variation is with temp changes which is normal. Guess I'll stick with a quality tire.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #14

We're sticking with "quality tires", too. They just happen to say Samson on the sidewall. (You know the sidewall, that's where the cracks are on Michelins.)

I have no reason to believe that Samsons won't last the 7 or 8 years that motorhome tires are supposed to last. At that time, I'll replace them with another set, and put the savings in the gas tank.

If knowing that you spent 3x what I did on your tires makes you feel superior, well, OK, whatever.