Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #1

Samsung RF18

Installed Samsung fridge couple months ago.. Those who have this
fridge...any problems with coldness in fridge only, not freezer..I set on
34 and every morning when check 41 plus...Cools to 37 as day goes on
but has mind of its own and warms to 40's..Not good..Had service here
in Estes Park and replaced thermistor with same results..
Looks like a lemon unless can be fixed..What do you think?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #2

Have had ours for 18 months or so, and works flawlessly for us.

If still under warranty, call Samsung and ask they want you to work with to get this resolved.

That being said. To get our unit in the coach, the doors came off. Have you done the old dollar in the seal test to see that you have solid contact with your door gaskets?

Please let us know how this turns out, and what you find out. As it could help others down the road!

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 4+ year old Samsung RF-197. I have the fridge is set at 38F, freezer is set at -2F.

My fridge fluctuates between 36F - 39F everyday. The freezer used to fluctuate between -5F - +0F everyday for the first coupe of years. However, for the past two years of more the freezer is now fluctuating between -8F - +16F. This swing happens a few times throughout the day and night.

I have run a diagnostics on the fridge but it always comes back with everything checking out OK.

I've was told by a RV service technician from Elite RV in Harrisburg Oregon where I had stopped for some work back in 2015 that it needs a new control board.

I haven't taken the time to order a new board as that swing in temperature has not affected the quality of the frozen food. Plus it spends more time below 0F than above 0F.

It's possible that your control board has gone haywire.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I can't remember all the details, but if you take the back panel out (on the inside of the refer), there was a drain line in there that was getting plugged up and causing issues.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:55 PM   #5

Thanks for suggestions..Smitty, not sure how to gage dollar bill test...yes some resistance when pull on bill but not much..Can't say tight enough..
Dr4, your problems with freezer similar to mine except 42 degrees grow bacteria.
Going without saying our problems with fridge go beyond just simple replacement..
Would love to fix it with circuit board, new door seals etc vs replacing..Samsung says they want me happy...hope my installer feels same way..
frank
Old 09-18-2016, 09:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry for your troubles. This doesn't sound right. Our's is always right on the mark, 34 & 0 degrees. Even after a long travel day running off our OEM MSW inverter.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote