Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #1

San Jose, CA, repair shops

Anybody has a good place to use for repairs on RV's. I have a class A, 39 footer, Storm? I live in San Jose, CA. Thanks
Reb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #2

The two I know of are Leales and Almaden RV Service and Repair. There is also a Camping World up 101 in San Martin but I'm guessing you know that.

Mine is still under warranty so I haven't had to use anyone and will use the dealer for now. My dad has used both and I think he goes back to Leales, more frequently. They are both near the 7th St area near the fairgrounds.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Not too far from San Jose

Not too far from San Jose is All RV Repair and Service in Scotts Valley.

ALL RV - We service all makes and models!

Small shop, friendly folks. I have not yet scheduled my mechanical service yet (engine oil and filter change; transmission oil and filter change; once-over from front to back) but am definitely taking my 36' Monaco Dynasty there.

No affiliation or obligation to them - I'm just looking to promote a friendly local business.
Jay and Valerie - 1996 Monaco Dynasty, Count 36FD. Coach #66387 C 8.3-300 hp; Allison 3060, 6.5 LP generator, no slides. New to us (3-30-2015)
BigPapaYams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #4
Community Moderator

you are in the heart of the silicon valley, with the highest service labor rate in the whole nation. (dont ask me why - peterson trucks wanted $169 and kenworth asked for 179 an hour labor for changing a transmission ouput shaft seal). if you can wait until your next trip going north (depending on the nature of the problem), you will be happy to get things done in oregon @ 90-110/h range.

leale's rv is not bad as i was told. heard of a very good mobile rv guy in gilroy too; might google/yelp to locate him. also check http://rvservicereviews.com.
good luck.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I did not have good experiences with Camping World or Almaden's. Camping World never seemed to be able to actually do anything, and Almaden's broke a lot of stuff and frequently left a mess for me to clean up. Although Leale's is expensive, they were able to repair everything that the others broke. I didn't have to return to Leale's to have any loose ends taken care of.
mike2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's another vote for Leale's - http://www.leales.com/ - they've taken care of our RV pretty well every time we need them. An added bonus: when you have them do any work on your RV, if you ask they will give you a 4-corner weight for free. They've got portable scales but they don't advertise the fact for some reason!
Old 02-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #7

I have used Almaden RV for years. Chris is very knowledgeable and he won't rip you off.
I have seen water damage repair from his facility on a camper that was perfect.
Prices were fair

Bill
2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27n, unattractive brownish hue. 530 Watts roof mounted solar, 165 Watts portable solar, Winegard G2 Sat Antenna, Progressive Industries Surge Protector, TPMS, Sirius Satellite Radio.
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair