Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

Sanicon issues

I have a 2009 Monaco Monarch coach, and instead of draining to the bottom of the tank (where it can be processed by the "Sanicon" pump) our solid waste sits on top of the 'trap' in our toilet and stays there, even after the tank shows it's been totally drained.

The waste STILL stays there even after I do the solid waste 'flush', so we have to bring a hose in through the window and manually hose the waste off of the trap so that it can drain out through the Sanicon. I've already had the sanicon replaced by the dealer, so that's obviously not the issue.

When paying six figures for a motorhome, I shouldn't have to be reaching inside the toilet to drain the waste..But with Monaco out of business it's not like I can call them up and ask how to fix this issue (and our RV dealer has no clue)..

Anyone else experience this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Evan
Simi Valley, Ca
phattyev@yahoo.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

I am having difficulties fully understanding the problem you are having. Immediately it doesn't sound like a "Sanicon issue" as stated in your headline - it sound more like a toilet function issue?

Which toilet has been installed in your unit? Is it a manual flush or have you one of these "electrical toilets"?

Is it a case of the toilet not releasing the waste into the black holding tank in an orderly fashion? Does the waste somehow get stuck and not dropping into the tank?

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I agree with the previous poster. Not a Sanicon issue, but a toilet issue. On our toilet, when the blade valve opens it's a straight shot down into the tank. There's no place for the waste to get hung up. There's no "trap", and I don't know what you're referring to.

Is this a standard RV toilet? Are you the original owner, or is it possible someone replaced the toilet with something unusual?

If you can't find the model info on the toilet, can you post a picture of it some someone in the forum can figure how what you have?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As noted above, a typical RV toilet does not have a trap. It will have a blade, either flat or spherical, that closes the hole to the black tank. It is possible you are putting too much waste (poop or paper) in it and effectively blocking the hole when the blade is opened.

One thing you might try is to put a 1/4 to 1/3 bowl of water in before doing your business. Keeps the poop from sticking to the bowl.

Ken
Old 11-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
No trap in our RV toilet either. And I would agree this definitely sounds like a toilet issue and not a sanicon issue. The sanicon is much further down the plumbing than where you're seeing issues.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
You obviously have a severe problem as we all know that s**t always flows down hill.
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Your description is unclear to me as well. The sanicon is at the outlet and has nothing to do with the storage part. The sanicon can easily be bypassed by using the standard 4 inch stinky slinky type hose.
IF you are assuuming there is stuff in the tank because your guages show the tank is not empty then this is a normal non-issue that can easily be dealt with.

You have not mentione if you have the tank rinse system. I cannot imagine you don't have one. If you can take a picture of your compartment hoses and valves this can get sorted out quickly. If you do have the tank rinse system you should be able to hear the water spraying inside the Black water tank when you connect water. The rinse does not apply to the Gray tank. If you have the rinser and do not hear the water running when connected then the spray head inside the tank is clogged and that too is a normal easily repaired issue. Just get to the top of the tank, remove it, clean it, drill the holes out and reinstall.

If you are not using enough water you can get sludge build up or the dreaded te-pee mound.

If you have an electric toilet you have an advantage because everything gets pre-ground when flushed.

A six figure MH only gives you all the parts of the RV. No guarantee that they will all work at the same time. You need to be handy with tools or a checkbook and think of the rv as a hobby too.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
If you have an electric toilet you have an advantage because everything gets pre-ground when flushed.
Not all electric toilets are macerator toilets.

joe
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #9

iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have a trap some knucklehead thought it would be a cute fix for the black tank smell. It shouldn't be there, there isn't enough water flow to push the waste to the tank. Rip it out and put in a straight pipe or if you're unable get it to a shop to have it corrected.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
A six figure MH only gives you all the parts of the RV. No guarantee that they will all work at the same time. You need to be handy with tools or a checkbook and think of the rv as a hobby too.

Most accurate description of a motor home I have read yet.

Bravo good sir.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Evan
I had pretty much your problem-what cured mine was to gain access to the black tank washing nozzle and to drill out the holes in the nozzle to allow the water to flow thru the nozzle at a greater force to move the wast to the outlet so the Sanicon can perform it function.
May not be you problem but its worth the effort to check it out.

Jroan
jroan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Not all electric toilets are macerator toilets.

joe

In his case if he has an electric it would probably be the Techma as in in HR. It definitely gives it a shredding on the way to the tank. It is not as fine as the sanicon but it does pre-digest the waste. I guess you could call it a sorter.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, the Tecma is a macerating toilet. The Aria is an electric toilet that is not a macerator. I don't know anything about the Monaco Monarch coaches, so I couldn't guess which he has, if he has either.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #14

more clarification on my problem

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my original post. Here is some clarification:

-The toilet paper/fecal matter never make it down to the Sanicon because it immediately falls onto a plastic 'shelf' where it just sits. When you try and flush it out with the external flush valve it doesn't work because the water doesn't reach high enough to reach the 'stranded' paper/matter that are still sitting on the shelf right below the toilet. This is why we have to bring in a hose through the slide window and wash the matter off by sticking the hose down into the toilet bowl. It's totally asinine.

We bought our rig brand new, so nothing aftermarket has been put into it. And it's not an electric toilet, just a normal one.

It just seems like a flawed design, and the dealer where I bought it has no idea how to fix it.

We can't be the only ones who have this problem, which is why I thought I would post on this forum to see who else out there might have found a solution to the issue.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.