Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #1

Satellite connection 2017 Winnebago 27n

I am trying to connect dish satelite to the entertainment center using a win guard g2. Has anyone done this?
Shellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Do you have a specific question about hooking up the satellite? There are many of us that use a carryout antenna like the G2. I have an original Winegard Carryout and have used a Pathway X2 and a RoadTrip Mission all on DISH network.

You should have an exterior satellite connection, possibly in the electric or wet bay. Hook your G2 to that, then hook your receiver to the connection inside. There may be two coax connectors, one for cable and one for satellite.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #3

How many channels in HD can you get with dish network on the small Dish. We've been thinking of changing to dish network.
I have DirecTV now and I can only get HD channels when using the Wingard traveler when park. When I use the Wingard in motion we can only get SD channels on 101 satellite. I know sounds crazy to have two satellites on the RV but the old RV when we sold it they did not want the satellite so I removed it and heading in motion and our new Tuscany came with the traveler slimline for DirecTV so I installed the other one and use an A/B switch and I can go between both so we do kind of have the best of both worlds when we travel.

DirecTV costs about $160 a month for four boxes. We do not pay for showtime HBO Cinemax movie channel etc.
RichieCt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, winnebago