Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssdragn View Post
I already have the disco ball. I'm looking for something new and original to put over the hole.

Stripper Pole!
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Stripper Pole!
X2! Beat me to it.

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing View Post
I removed the same from both of my Motorhomes but left the inside part remaining . I don't notice them.
This was my plan, too. Although, I like the smoke alarm idea better.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Just go to Home Depot, etc. or electrical supply house. Get a white round "blank" cover. You will be able to screw this blank with an appropriate length screw/screws to the ceiling. For extra "holding power" just use some clear 100% silicone sealant. I did this with mine and it worked perfect. It has been up 4 years now.

Kent 03 HR AMB PST ISC 315 Cummins
o
WhoFromMizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFromMizzo View Post
Just go to Home Depot, etc. or electrical supply house. Get a white round "blank" cover. You will be able to screw this blank with an appropriate length screw/screws to the ceiling. For extra "holding power" just use some clear 100% silicone sealant. I did this with mine and it worked perfect. It has been up 4 years now.

Kent 03 HR AMB PST ISC 315 Cummins
o
AND... you could hide a small stash of emergency cash up there too! Or anything else that you wanna hide...
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #20

Depending on your ceiling material...

I have a Fleetwood Terra with the carpet-like ceiling. I cut a small piece of ceiling material from the inside of a cabinet (where it will never be missed) and got a wood dowel close fitting to the hole. Glued the material to the dowel and glued the dowel into the hole. Line up the weave of the fabric and you can hardly see it......
Vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
How about a Periscope......
eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cut the hole to 14 X 14" and install a vent. Or another AC.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #23

OK, I finally decided to put a smoke detector over the hole for the crank up satellite dish. Great idea. Low cost and added safety plus the DW made me take down the disco ball and Camping World wanted too much $$$ for an RV rated stripper pole. I don't have a clue where to find a periscope for a class A but would like to locate a few torpedoes for drivers that cut too close in front of me when passing.
Myssdragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Darn. I was hoping you would go for the periscope. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssdragn View Post
OK, I finally decided to put a smoke detector over the hole for the crank up satellite dish. Great idea. Low cost and added safety plus the DW made me take down the disco ball and Camping World wanted too much $$$ for an RV rated stripper pole. I don't have a clue where to find a periscope for a class A but would like to locate a few torpedoes for drivers that cut too close in front of me when passing.
Don't need torpedoes, a turbo charged macerator should work pretty well :-)
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, dish, roof