Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar08 View Post
X3X3X3
Face bood and any other social network is for loosersss!!!!
The poster probably drive a Japaneses made Preious.
MY MH and toad were build in America.
Sorry you think of some as "Loosers", Wonder how many Million "Loosers" on FB compared to the Non "Loosers" on IRV2??

Oh, What kind of TOAD do you have??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 AM   #58

I tried facebook years ago...wasn't for me but I do see how people find it useful. My wife uses it to keep up with everyone and to keep everyone up to date on what we have going on. I don't agree with the "loser" tag for facebook users. Some people enjoy it and some don't. I'm just one of the people that didn't. I did find some friends that I haven't seen or heard from in 20 years on there but at the same time I thought there's a reason I hadn't kept up with them for 20 years.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #59

Alpine Owners Club
So bottom line, to each his own. Like tent camping, enjoy it. Like pop ups, enjoy it, like motor homes, enjoy them. This is America, you can have what you can afford and want, enjoy it. My rule, I would rather say, " I remember when" then "I wish I had"!!!! Get out and see this beautiful country and don't think poorly of someone that has something different, enjoy what you have.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodyhell View Post
So I'll be driving my motorhome to Rocky Mountain National Park this summer and boondocking inside the park as a kind of base camp to do some backpacking. I'm not sure what group this puts me in, but I'm looking forward to it!

Charlie
Puts you in the same group as me. Sometimes backpacking, sometimes whitewater rafting. However, no tents for me, just need two trees to hang my hammock.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #61

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
'Rediculous' would be setting up that tent in a Walmart parking lot !!
Old 05-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #62

What Webster says
1campplay
noun, often attributive \ˈkamp\
Popularity: Bottom 50% of words
Definition of camp
a : a place usually away from urban areas where tents or simple buildings (as cabins) are erected for shelter or for temporary residence (as for laborers, prisoners, or vacationers) <migrant labor camp>
b : a group of tents, cabins, or huts <fishing camps along the river>
c : a settlement newly sprung up in a lumbering or mining region
d : a place usually in the country for recreation or instruction often during the summer <goes to camp every July>; also : a program offering access to recreational or educational facilities for a limited period of time <computer camp> <a resort offering boating and hiking camps>
e : a preseason training session for athletes <the star pitcher injured in camp this spring>
a : a body of persons encamped
b (1) : a group of persons; especially : a group engaged in promoting or defending a theory, doctrine, position, or person (2) : an ideological position
: military service or life

What Wikipedia says
Camping
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Camping (disambiguation).

Camping in the Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh, India
Camping is an elective outdoor recreational activity. Generally held, participants leave developed areas to spend time outdoors in more natural ones in pursuit of activities providing them enjoyment. To be regarded as "camping" a minimum of one night is spent outdoors, distinguishing it from day-tripping, picnicking, and other similarly short-term recreational activities. Camping can be enjoyed through all four seasons.

Camping may involve sheltering in the open air, a tent, a caravan, a motorhome, or a primitive structure. Luxury may be an element, as in early 20th century African safaris, but including accommodations in fully equipped fixed structures such as high-end sporting camps under the banner of "camping" blurs the line.

Camping as a recreational activity became popular among elites in the early 20th century. With time, it grew more democratic, and varied. Modern participants frequent publicly owned natural resources such as national and state parks, wilderness areas, and commercial campgrounds. Camping is a key part of many youth organizations around the world, such as Scouting, which use it to teach both self-reliance and teamwork.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #63

National RV Owners Club
Camping vs. Glamping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
"Glamping" is what the magazines call it.
Yup...we are Glampers now. The DW and I were watching "Going RV" last night and that term came up. We have done our share of tent camping back in the day. The older we get the less we want to do this kind of thing. Besides, as others have said, our purpose for the motor coach was to travel in comfort to different places without staying in hotels, not going to the same old camp grounds time after time. I'll admit, I was one of those when I was young saying that that is not camping but I don't consider the motor coach Rv lifestyle camping.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #64

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
x2 x2 x2
X2 X2 X2 too!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #65
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, but here's my sarcastic 2 cents about Facebook.

I believe we have Facebook to thank for making obsolete the "much anticipated" end of year, or Christmas letter from "friends/family". Always depicting a year jam packed with activity resulting in NOTHING but progress and success. With an undeniable theme of "don't you just wish you were us"?

I don't set out to have a bad attitude, and I LOVE to see others' success. But I found it's presentation always to be a bit ridiculous and narcissistic. Very few people have everything go right and nothing go wrong. On top of that, does anyone really care either way? I have my doubts. Maybe. I heard a saying once, 90% of people don't want to hear your problems, and the other 10% are glad you have 'em. What about the flip-side?

Now, instead of the yearly success and roses letter, we have it 'round the clock on Facebook. Bad to worse. The saving grace here is, you can choose not to be on Facebook. Should I be interested in the picture you just sent me of the salad you just ordered? Really?

Granted, I accept that on a business standpoint Facebook can be useful as well as Twitter to keep your patrons informed/connected etc, but that's utilizing a tool IMHO.
In contrast to what I just said, I've heard stories of people using Facebook with malicious intent otherwise. A lot of nonsense and trouble making.

I know this forum is a form a social media, and I may be bordering on hypocrisy in my rant. But long story short, what goes on here is consistently a lot more sensible and constructive and helpful among friends with common interests, than Facebook ever will be.

Just my humble observations, don't hate me, to each their own, now back on topic.........

W.D.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Sorry, but here's my sarcastic 2 cents about Facebook.

I believe we have Facebook to thank for making obsolete the "much anticipated" end of year, or Christmas letter from "friends/family". Always depicting a year jam packed with activity resulting in NOTHING but progress and success. With an undeniable theme of "don't you just wish you were us"?

I don't set out to have a bad attitude, and I LOVE to see others' success. But I found it's presentation always to be a bit ridiculous and narcissistic. Very few people have everything go right and nothing go wrong. On top of that, does anyone really care either way? I have my doubts. Maybe. I heard a saying once, 90% of people don't want to hear your problems, and the other 10% are glad you have 'em. What about the flip-side?

Now, instead of the yearly success and roses letter, we have it 'round the clock on Facebook. Bad to worse. The saving grace here is, you can choose not to be on Facebook. Should I be interested in the picture you just sent me of the salad you just ordered? Really?

Granted, I accept that on a business standpoint Facebook can be useful as well as Twitter to keep your patrons informed/connected etc, but that's utilizing a tool IMHO.
In contrast to what I just said, I've heard stories of people using Facebook with malicious intent otherwise. A lot of nonsense and trouble making.

I know this forum is a form a social media, and I may be bordering on hypocrisy in my rant. But long story short, what goes on here is consistently a lot more sensible and constructive and helpful among friends with common interests, than Facebook ever will be.

Just my humble observations, don't hate me, to each their own, now back on topic.........

W.D.
I agree with you on all points really and one of the reasons I didn't keep a facebook account. I don't care what everyone has for dinner and silly everyday type things people tend to post on there. I totally agree with you that for many facebook is a "look at me" app for people to use. That's just not my thing. If I want people knowing what I'm doing then I invite them over and if they wanted me to know what they were doing they should've invited me over.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess I'm the lone loser here. All 40 of my friends are just that ... FRIENDS. It is a way for us to stay in touch. Most of my "friends" are family members, a few are even campers, RV'ers, Glampers or whatever. Regardless, I get to enjoy photo's of the G-kids and newsy notes from friends.As for those that irritated me on FB ... they're gone from my list. Makes FB that much more enjoyable.

As for what we call it .... who cares. We go to be with friends, eat, drink and burn wood at night. Maybe I'll start calling it "Motor Homing"

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace