Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #29

I have a brand new one for sale 75 bucks....PM if interested

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
I have a brand new one for sale 75 bucks....PM if interested
GONE......

Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a friend over at the Ford Enthusiasts forum who made a few Scanguage mounts. I have one of his mounts in my F250 and have ordered one for the MH. It does require you to drill holes in your dash to plug in the cable and to mount,but it looks great afterwards.

I think he only has a few left. They are $25.00 including shipping.

pm if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scanguage1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	91915  
Old 04-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #32
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
I have a friend over at the Ford Enthusiasts forum who made a few Scanguage mounts. I have one of his mounts in my F250 and have ordered one for the MH. It does require you to drill holes in your dash to plug in the cable and to mount,but it looks great afterwards.

I think he only has a few left. They are $25.00 including shipping.

pm if interested.

Can't I just use velcro?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Can't I just use velcro?
Thats what I did!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #34

Of course, velcro works great! Some folks have trouble with it sticking to various surfaces. And some want it to look a bit more "custom". No cable can be seen and the side plug in is covered.

I ve been thinking of making these out of wood stained to match different dash colors.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Can't I just use velcro?
I've had mine for 2 years and absolutely love it. I have one in my toad also. Joe it's well worth downloading the links from the ECM and sending them to ScanGage. You won't use all the parameters but you'll use most of them. My favorite is the cruise control setting. I know at a glance what my MPH is set at. I have the 350 ISL and no I don't have the EGT probe in the manifold either. I guess Cummins doesn't think any gear heads own their engines, boy are they wrong. I hate the gauge system that Spartan installed on this rig but the ScanGage really makes it better. A whole lot more accurate. I velcroed min to my dash and it looks great and I have access at my finger tips. Christina and I have had many back and forth emails. She knows the software like the back of her hand. It will take some time to program in the parameters that you want but it's time well spent. It will also break down you cost per mile. Can't go wrong.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #36
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD788Snipe View Post
I've had mine for 2 years and absolutely love it. I have one in my toad also. Joe it's well worth downloading the links from the ECM and sending them to ScanGage. You won't use all the parameters but you'll use most of them. My favorite is the cruise control setting. I know at a glance what my MPH is set at. I have the 350 ISL and no I don't have the EGT probe in the manifold either. I guess Cummins doesn't think any gear heads own their engines, boy are they wrong. I hate the gauge system that Spartan installed on this rig but the ScanGage really makes it better. A whole lot more accurate. I velcroed min to my dash and it looks great and I have access at my finger tips. Christina and I have had many back and forth emails. She knows the software like the back of her hand. It will take some time to program in the parameters that you want but it's time well spent. It will also break down you cost per mile. Can't go wrong.
Thanks Craig! I would love to hide that cable but I kind of hate drilling another hole in the dash. I guess since this is a permanent item it won't matter though!

OK, a hole it is!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:58 PM   #37

How were your devices updated with additional codes? Did you send them in or download?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
How were your devices updated with additional codes? Did you send them in or download?
In the booklet it has a part on "X-Gauge". You program in the codes yourself according to what system you have.

It was easy for me with my F250. There were specific codes that were easy to find.

Finding them for a motorhome is a bit more challenging.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #39

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCajun View Post
To read EGT you must have a probe installed in the exhaust (pre or post turbo). If your coach doesn't have a pyrometer you probably don't have the probe.
Exactly. We only had an EGT on our ISC 350 because the Banks kit required it. Had to drill and tap the exhaust manifold plus run the wiring. The ISC used in RV's doesn't come with an EGT from Cummins that I'm aware of. Our ISX doesn't have one and Cummins says it's not needed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
In the manual it tells you how to download the codes from the ECM & TCM. Then you either email them or fax them to Christina at ScanGauge and she will send you back the codes that you input into the Gauge itself. It's time consuming and you can pick the readouts you want but worth the time and effort.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:25 AM   #41
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Just received my new ScanGuage D yesterday! I hooked it up temporarily and had it search for my available codes. This morning I e-mailed them to Christina. Waiting for her reply!

Old 04-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #42
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Got my ScanGuage D installed! I drilled a hole in the dash for the cable and used the Velcro furnished with the gauge to mount it!