Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Scann Guage D installed

My Scann Gauge D came in and I installed in on my DP. Followed the instructions and it came right on. I looked at the basic set up but have not had a chance to do much with it. I did scan for codes and nothing showed up so that is good. I am going to fill up with Diesel tomorrow and will set the fuel section and get ready for a trip on the 28th. Any pointers on operating this from those that have them installed. Nice clear bright display. For now I used the Velcro strips and attached it on the right hand side of the dash just under the old Freightliner information center which is worthless. Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I usually have mine set to show instant mpg and below that average mpg. On the other side I show engine temp and below that transmission temp. Sometimes I change them to show other things but as said mostly the mpg & temps.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Enjoy the ScanGauge D. It is a good tool to have but I think the MPG feature is a waste to time. Maybe it is me but setting it up and getting it correct every time isn't worth the hassle.

I use my coaches information center to display MPG and Instant MPG. With that I use my SG to show water temp, tranny fluid temp, Load % & Boost.

For average MPG I just use my tank to tank fill up information. Yes, it includes any generator burn but it is good enough for my needs.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Follow the procedure in the manual for scanning your bus, and then send the results to scangauge tech support. They will supply you with many more gauges than you have standard. I don't remember the exact steps, but it is well laid out in the manual. It is a tedious process, but you only need to do it once, and it is worth it.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install