Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Scooter carrier smc-600

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has used this unit on a class a dp. I have an 01 Discovery and i am thinking of getting one of these to haul my scooter around with me during my travels. Scooter wheight is appx 350 lbs.

Any imput would b appreaciated.

Ubootwo

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You do not indicate what kind of scooter you are trying to carry. I am looking for something to carry a medical mobility scooter. Can you supply a link to the type of carrier you are talking about?

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley
You do not indicate what kind of scooter you are trying to carry. I am looking for something to carry a medical mobility scooter. Can you supply a link to the type of carrier you are talking about?

ronspradley
This is what we use to carry a pride mobility x can't tow a car with it tho ( hooks into the hitch)http://m.northerntool.com/northernto...ductName=false
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #4

My Scooter is a Vog260, close to what a Burgman is, 257 cc whgt = 350lbs at most. Considered a "large scooter"

Problem i see with this unit is how close it would sit on the back of coach, maybe issues with ladder etc.

This is why i ask if there is anyone out there with any experaince with this carrier.

Ubootwo

Also should note do not have any interest to have a toad.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #5

I have a 200cc Vespa that I hauled from Washington State to Texas behind my MH with no problem. However I did not tow anything then. It is true you can not tow behind it but if you have a dinghy with a hitch you could haul it with that. I tow a Colorado truck with a hitch that I use. Works great. The hitch I use came from VersaHaul.com.