Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
In some ways I wish mine was deep enough to close the outside door with the slide shut but I guess I question what the big issue is ? I understand that you MUST remember to open the slide prior to closing the door but I'm pretty much used to it now and it really doesn't bother me. Yes I wish the size I want was easily accessible but I'm not gonna spend and arm and a leg and then have to modify it to make it so I can close the door with the slide closed. Once you decide you want to go back out you need to open the slide again anyway.

Am I missing something ?

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I had a heck of a time getting mine in too. All the mom's in the neighborhood took their kids inside until I got it done.

I like mevman's idea of filing it off a bit.

Pound to fit, paint to match is the old carpenters solution.
Thanks for the tip! I think all my neighbors should go inside also!!!! Lol! I will try pounding it in. I'm just afraid it will break again. The guy that broke it said he would put it on! Ha! He ain't touching another thing in my MH!
Rendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
Peggy,
You'll have to measure the opening, or the old slider and then carefully cut off the excess plastic from either the top or the bottom. I used a heavy tin snips to cut mine.
I ordered mine from Winnebago. It is the exact same size as the old one. It's made of a very hard plastic and I'm not sure about trimming it, afraid it will just crack all over. Why do they make things so difficult!!
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #18

I just install my new plastic slide door on screen door.
was not bad at all.
removed screen door to make easier to handle.

Removed 4 -1" long screws from edge of door, they hold the upper and lower tracks that the cover slides in. also pulled spline from screen on both top and bottom of non-hinge side of door. I didn't remove spline from very top, very bottom or hinge side. approx. 70% of each spline stays in place. pulled rails just enough to slide in new cover.
reinstall 4 screws and press spline back in place with wide screwdriver. screen is now tighter than before repair.

Total time about 20 minutes using battery drill driving Philips bit.

Good luck
TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #19

Thanks for the tip. I got it in with a few cuss words and some muscle!!!!!! This forum is so helpful and I thank everyone for your help!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendon View Post
i also had to order a new slider thanks to someone leaning on it and popped it out and cracked it. So I got the new one just like the one pictured in this thread but I cannot get it installed in the tracks. It will not bend enough to make the top and bottom go in the tracks. Can you please tell me how to get it installed? I tried taking the screws out of the top bar but that was useless.

Thanks, Peggy

You must trim either the top or bottom a little bit. Take a straight edge and using a box knife and score it. Then with a pair of pliers to snap off that area.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #21

I also went thru every thing and ended up getting a new one from Tiffin. The shipping was almost as much as the slide. Was quite nervous about bending it to install, but turned out ok. Wonder why the size is so odd. How many companies make the screen doors anyway?

Tags
door, scr, slide