Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #57
Usually the driver doesnt care about a mid-door--but the passenger will appreciate no wind noise, a window that actually opens, no door "pit" to fall into, and last--once the "nest" is made in the corner, in front of the passenger seat, no need to move/store stuff as the driver can/will use the mid-door at the fuel stop. Oh--then there is the tracking with dirty shoes and hauling everything from the front to the kitchen or bedroom.
PS--I just love those cute little automatic awnings that pop out over the front door, but unless the rain is coming straignt down--oh never mind....save travels everyone.

Old Scout
2003 40' MDTS
Garden Ridge, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #58
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
The mid entry has some appealing things. My wife wasn't fond of the stairwell at her feet on the dp's we have looked at either
Most DP's, in fact everyone we've owned have a cover over the steps that is electrically operated. Takes just a few seconds to close or open.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #59
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Most DP's, in fact everyone we've owned have a cover over the steps that is electrically operated. Takes just a few seconds to close or open.

I have seen that now...at first I didn't realize most all of them had the cover.

I like the idea of a mid entry door as I think maybe it would separate he coach a bit (5 and 8 year olds). Would also allow for a drop down bunk up front like some gas models have. Other wise we would be walking past the kids sleeping in the morning to get out of the coach (assuming kids were on a fold out etc upfront...). Hard to find a bunkhouse dp that has good toe capacity, carrying capacity and have the tv viewable for the kids while driving
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #60
Happy Traveler : )

Thumbs up

Palazzo 33.3 bunkhouse

-tv viewable while traveling
-bunks have tvs, not just dvd players
-front electric bunk also
-mid entry door
-everything is accessible while traveling
-10,000lb towing cap, more than enough

we full time in ours with two teens
50k miles since Aug2014
4 bike rack and 14FordFiesta toad

in Virginia Beach at the beachfront campground this week
The Turners 2014 Thor Palazzo DP 33.3 35' Bunkhouse
BlueOx, '14 Ford Fiesta, DishHD, KingTailgater2, WifiRanger
50k+miles, 200+ parks, 47 states&Canada provinces, since Aug'14
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #61
Good points mr t. I looked at one a few months ago but didn't drive it. I do like the floor plan, but the storage bays give me pause (straight frame so storage seemed pretty limited). Also, how are yours with regards to being water tight? The slide issues also gave me a lot of pause, although it seems like much less complaints since going to triple track.

Towing - 10k is a mythical figure based on gvwr and cgvwr, isn't it? Have you ever had yours weighed? I would be interested in seeing how much carrying capacity it has? Thanks for the thoughts and info!
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #62
Happy Traveler : )

cat scales last month, fully loaded

25,750 total, fully loaded, fuel, water, 4 persons, dog
2,800 lb toad

I at first had the same concerns about 'storage' in that this XCS chassis sits lower, allowing for the 'compartment' style bays, though the main bay is a true passthru style. If you plan appropriately, it works fine. We have found, thru time, that more stuff does not mean more enjoyment. We have shed items we thought we 'had to have', and actually feel less stress than when we had more 'stuff', and I still carry more stuff than I need.
The XCS chassis sits 6"-8" lower than most others, requiring only a single entry step, and sometimes not even a step is even needed, especially if you dump the air bags and self level. It also provides peace of mind versus the higher units where tunnels, overpasses, and tree limbs are concerned.
The ride is smooth, 300hp is more than enough, and I would have no hesitation in pulling a 10k trailer is needed - it doesnt even know my Fiesta is following it. : )

not sure what you mean by 'water tight'

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote