Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2016, 06:43 AM   #43

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Forest River Legacy is a mid entry DP. DW and I enjoy ours.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:34 AM   #44

Camelot PDT mid entry

A beautiful upper end mid entry pre-owned 2004 pusher diesel: posting for sale later today....so watch the classifieds.
mollranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
My 2 cents: Do what most of us "macho" guys do - simply buy whatever it is that has the floor plan the wife likes.
Safe Travels
Bob
You didn't mention Winnebago but the Forza 34T in a nice mid entry DP. They are 160-170's new
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
I see this discussion was started back in 2011, I sometimes wonder what it is that keeps some of these going?
Old 02-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #47

What difference does it make when the discussion started?

The discussion is current, and will be as long a RVr's are searching for a PREMIUM CLASS A that does not have a transit door up front, (that interferes with clear vision, and allows wind noise and water inlet to interfere with the pleasures of travel), the discussion will probably continue.

Some day the RV industry will wake up!

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
I see this discussion was started back in 2011, I sometimes wonder what it is that keeps some of these going?
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:03 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
What difference does it make when the discussion started?

The discussion is current, and will be as long a RVr's are searching for a PREMIUM CLASS A that does not have a transit door up front, (that interferes with clear vision, and allows wind noise and water inlet to interfere with the pleasures of travel), the discussion will probably continue.

Some day the RV industry will wake up!

Dave
Or not. It seems like a lot of people prefer the door in the front so it doesn't interfere with the layout. Let's face it, they make what sells. If there was a larger demand for a side entry door than front door, there would be a lot more side entry than front door models for sale.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #49

It all depends on what you want from that CLASS A? If you are going to travel, then comfort and visibility are a priority. If you are going to park it in a resort most of the time, you don't need a CLASS A to begin with.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Or not. It seems like a lot of people prefer the door in the front so it doesn't interfere with the layout. Let's face it, they make what sells. If there was a larger demand for a side entry door than front door, there would be a lot more side entry than front door models for sale.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #50
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dreamer View Post
Because people like me are interested in the topic. Having not owned a Class A before, I want to hear some of the pros and cons from others.

We attended a recent RV show in our area to start our search. So far my wife likes the mid-entry door so she can sit up front with me without steps in front of her. Also, she would not have to keep moving every time I need to get in and out from the driver's seat to the outside world. Those steps really annoyed her.

I like the mid-entry so I can have my wife by my side, not a foot or more behind me, when we are traveling. Plus, she paid for the ride just as much as I did, so she should get just as great of a view. That's part of the reason for having an RV: travel and enjoy the scenery along the way.

We are also learning the difference between Gas and DP's. I like the front layout of the DP better. There is no engine hump. Also, I have been told that the gas engine can be quite noisy at times, even with good sound insulation. DP engines apparently last a lot longer. However, DP engines can be very expensive to repair if something goes wrong. So, the learning curve continues...

Meanwhile, we are trying to learn from real owners with real experiences. We've learned that the word of a salesman may or may not be worth anything. That is not a knock on salesmen. Part of my job is "selling" my company's product. I do try my best to inform and guide my prospective customers to make a decision that is right for them. And, yes, I have talked folks out of sales when it was not in their best interests.

Obviously there are opinions both for and against mid-entry doors. I am learning different points of view by reading what other people are posting. To me, that's what makes this forum, and this discussion, worthwhile.

So, may the discussion continue...
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #51

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Legacy 360 RB

For the past 3 years my wife and I owned a Holiday Ramber Endeavor Gas Coach...nice unit....bit underpowered....we wanted something with power and a drive train which would last a long time..

Well in July 2015 we bought a Forest River Legacy from Total Value RV in Elkhart Indiana....best investment we have ever made...mid entry location...$145000 new....11 mpg without trailer and pulling my Harley Trailer 10.4....did 6000 miles since I bought it...love it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2669.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	120188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3027.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	120189  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2944.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	711.3 KB
ID:	120190  
Old 02-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #52

Nice!

Can you update your Avatar?

Dave

Well in July 2015 we bought a Forest River Legacy from Total Value RV in Elkhart Indiana....best investment we have ever made...mid entry location...$145000 new....11 mpg without trailer and pulling my Harley Trailer 10.4....did 6000 miles since I bought it...love it..[/QUOTE]
Old 02-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #53

Entegra tries to eliminate wind and water from front entry? But the viability is still comprised.

Dave

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2187...ge%3D3&xtz=480
Old 03-01-2016, 06:09 AM   #54

Holiday Rambler Owners Club

[Update it? Why...
QUOTE=masseyfarm;2958776]Nice!

Can you update your Avatar?

Dave

Well in July 2015 we bought a Forest River Legacy from Total Value RV in Elkhart Indiana....best investment we have ever made...mid entry location...$145000 new....11 mpg without trailer and pulling my Harley Trailer 10.4....did 6000 miles since I bought it...love it..[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Old 03-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #55

The mid entry has some appealing things. My wife wasn't fond of the stairwell at her feet on the dp's we have looked at either
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
I've got a late '90s Mountain Aire gas. So, mid-entry of course. I have a driver's door which I love in snowy nasty weather. No worry about frozen entry steps, walking around the coach in the ice/mud/weather. I'm in the market to a newer coach but hate front entry doors and lack of driver's door on DPs. But then when ya buy used there is a huge choice (except spoiled by Mountain Aire quality & floor plan)
PsySciGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel