Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #1

Seat covers

I have a Class A pusher with Flex Steel captain chairs. I am looking for seat covers and I am looking for suggestions on where I should start looking.

Thanks in advance.
expedition1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

I bought a set of sheepskin covers for our Flexsteel seats for Blondies. Very satisfied. I much prefer the sheepskin over the OEM Leather.

Blondie’s Pit Stop | Mobile Users Click on Orange Button To See Menu
Old 01-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I bought a set of sheepskin covers for our Flexsteel seats for Blondies. Very satisfied. I much prefer the sheepskin over the OEM Leather.

Blondie’s Pit Stop | Mobile Users Click on Orange Button To See Menu
Are those sheepskin covers cool in the summer? I see you're in BC, so have you ever gotten down into real hot areas like the deep south, TX, LA, MS, Al, Fl etc?
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Are those sheepskin covers cool in the summer? I see you're in BC, so have you ever gotten down into real hot areas like the deep south, TX, LA, MS, Al, Fl etc?
One of the reasons I went with sheepskin was because the leather was so uncomfortable especially in the summer and the leather was starting to show it's age. Recovering or replacing was a fairly big investment so I thought for the cost I'd give these a try.
I called Blondie about her covers. She asked for measurements so I took photos of both seats, edited the photos with measurements she asked for and emailed them. She sent them pre paid to an RV park we were headed to so I called the park to hold them for me.
The product arrived on time and fit like a glove. If I recall, the price all in was around $500 for both seats. Pretty reasonable compared to the alternatives.
Turns out I am happy with my covers and would not hesitate to go that route again. The sheepskin is way nicer in the summer.
Hope this helps in your decision. Like I said, it's not a large investment if you compare to recovering or replacing these seats so for me anyway, it was worth trying.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post

Our used Phaeton had them and my wife said "they have got to go, too hot and don't look good" . Then she sat in them on the way home from the dealership and we never took them out. They were very comfortable and yes we used them in June and July in Tennessee and Alabama.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:42 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
I didn't go the standard seat cover route. I wanted something comfortable & nice looking. I went with 2 SureFit recliner covers from QVC. Washable, comfy & there are 3 pockets on each arm side. For our coach they are a perfect fit except for the arm rest cover part (it's a tad skewed because it's not an actual recliner). Bought a couple sets, in different colors for different seasons (warm vs cold) & couldn't be happier.
Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:49 AM   #7

We also went the route similar to Dennis but we were trying to protect our new seats with the seat covers. Blondies sheepskin covers fit like a glove and are very comfortable. We get compliments all the time when others see them.

We are in northern IL but travel south to Florida every chance our vacation time allots us. Since we've always had them on when we started RVing on these longer trips south I can't compare to traveling on just the leather flex-steel seats. Has my back ever been a little sweaty from traveling, yes...but I think it's more because I don't regulate temperature properly while driving. Meaning I wasn't running the generator cooling the whole coach but rather was relying on the dash a/c to do it all and it wasn't keeping up properly. So I blame that on my inexperience as we are only 8 months into RVing.

The DW and myself love the sheepskin! They are comfortable in the cool weather and comfortable in the warm weather. They were in the $500 range so some might think that is on the high side when compared to other seat covers but I would recommend them as they are quality and a joy to sit on every time we jump in to go on a trip. Good luck with your decision......

I'll try and attach a picture (without the armrest covers installed)
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM   #8

Somehow I knew it wouldn't work the first time.....sorry! 😳
If the picture doesn't show up this time, I'll give up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	148049  
SueRVEd is offline   Reply With Quote