Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Second dead bolt lock

My 92 HR Aluma Lite has an ineffective lock in the door handle, as well as deadbolt. I want to add an additional deadbolt, as the door handle lock is pretty useless leaving only the deadbolt.

I have taken the rig to two dealers and a commercial locksmith and none of them either want to, or know how to do this. Granted, it's not a wood kitchen door that anyone could do, but where can I go to get another lock put on?

Thanks for any input,

Mr. LeMans

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Post some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Old 05-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mr LeMans,

This doesn't answer your question but on my Winnebago someone tried to break in some years ago while it was in the storage lot. It has the same arrangement you have. They never got in but made a mess out of the door edge trying. It looks as if they used a tire iron laying nearby or maybe a crowbar. Don't know if you really need the extra deadbolt and you'll probably have to carry 2 keys.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr LeMans View Post
My 92 HR Aluma Lite has an ineffective lock in the door handle, as well as deadbolt. I want to add an additional deadbolt, as the door handle lock is pretty useless leaving only the deadbolt.

I have taken the rig to two dealers and a commercial locksmith and none of them either want to, or know how to do this. Granted, it's not a wood kitchen door that anyone could do, but where can I go to get another lock put on?

Thanks for any input,

Mr. LeMans
Mr. LeMans, how fast is does that Holiday Rambler go down the Mulsanne? Seems a little aero challenged vs. the Audis. Or should I assume you are not this Mr. LeMans . Or if you are, it was nice chatting with you at the Petit a few times.

http://tomkristensen.com
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler