Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

Seeking Advice

Hi All, well I'm totally confused now, looking to buy my first RV, have been looking..reading...searching...for about 6 months now and thought I finally narrowed down my search to the 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38fst. Then I find a blog with nothing but complaints about the coach. Can anybody help with knowledge of that unit good or bad?
Bandit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit60 View Post
Hi All, well I'm totally confused now, looking to buy my first RV, have been looking..reading...searching...for about 6 months now and thought I finally narrowed down my search to the 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38fst. Then I find a blog with nothing but complaints about the coach. Can anybody help with knowledge of that unit good or bad?
Don't let all the negative stuff get you down. You can find tons of negative comments on ANY rv. We recently bought a 01 Damon Ultrasport. I too had done 6 months of research into all the types, styles...etc.. I inspected it throughly (and I mean throughly) and knew what the issues were and was comfortable with them before we bought. Hope all turns out well!
doghouse2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Check the coach out as thoroughly as possible. Make sure everything works.

All of them will require continual maintenance.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry but I don't know anything about that one. Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit60 View Post
Regardless of complaints, remember what you are really buying is a Cummins Engine and Roadmaster Chassis. There may be complaints about fit and finish but you can buy some confidence by ordering a full inspection. Remember, most the pumps, water heaters and other ancillary systems are the same across brands. A good thorough inspection of all the systems is what I would recommend. After receiving a clean bill of health from the inspector, move forward on the purchase if that is want you want to do.
krudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #6

Keep in mind that the people on this forum represent less than 10% of RV owners and the people that join forums tend to be more vocal than owners who do not join. Quite often people will post their complaints and the happy owners are out enjoying their RV. You will have a better story about any RV with a full unbiased inspection by a professional.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #7

For what it's worth, I just checked an RV reliability survey I subscribed to and that model gets a high reliability score. Not to discount the complaints on forums, but surveys like this collect data from a broader group than a forum represents which as Crasher indicated above, is a relatively small sample of owners.
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #8

People tend to jeer more than cheer, so complaint side is always skewed.

-Kevin
Old 09-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
For what it's worth, I just checked an RV reliability survey I subscribed to and that model gets a high reliability score. Not to discount the complaints on forums, but surveys like this collect data from a broader group than a forum represents which as Crasher indicated above, is a relatively small sample of owners.

REV Group who is the parent company of Holiday Rambler is establishing regional service centers around the country to support the dealers with service on REV built coaches.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
If you buy a solid coach in good condition and maintain it well you should be OK. I am unsure of factory or dealer service as some are good, some not so much. Many times the good ones especially and even the not so good ones are not close enough to be convenient. Plus they seem to take forever to complete service.

Best thing is if you are lucky to find a local service center to take care of the things you cannot do. They are probably hard to find but if you do the extra dollars you pay to them is worth it. And could be offset by traveling costs and down time.

Tags
advice