Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #1

Self inflating tire system

Dear All

As I understand that rv motorhome class A some times will be a nightmare when stuck in the MUD or so

So is it possible to install a self inflating pressure tire system from Tireboss as they used for heavy duty equipment such as the trucks

It's a good system but if you need to install in the RV the unbidden system for such as pipes .....etc. it's suck the looking for the RV will be very bad

We need to discuss weather if this company could provide for the rv but should be hidden

https://youtu.be/LhZwyc43kco

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #2

Uh...what?

Motor homes are not designed to be driven in sand or mud, so what's the point?

Old 07-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
Uh...what?

Motor homes are not designed to be driven in sand or mud, so what's the point?

I believe Hamood lives in the Middle East and might be driving in desert sand....
Old 07-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #4

I expect the cost of this system for the average RVer would be prohibitive. Personally, I've never had our MH in a situation where this system would be an asset. If I were expecting to drive in deep-loose sand, snow, or mud, I would carry a set of strap-on chains for the drive wheels.
Some RV group rallys are held in a fairgrounds open field, and if it rains some get stuck in the soft ground, but the organizers seem to always have a group of wreckers and farm tractors on standby should the need arise.
It's just my opinion, but this is a solution in need of a problem.
During all my years of RVing, I've only gotten stuck once, while towing a 5er with a 2WD pickup. That was resolved by the CG owner with his neighbors 4WD farm tractor, didn't cost me a cent.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

https://youtu.be/O1yj05GOvDo
Old 07-15-2016, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I believe Hamood lives in the Middle East and might be driving in desert sand....
Your correct am leaving in the middle east area and my trip in weekly basis to the beach but I saw a lot of rv in the state stuck in the beach because of the sands
..etc so I belive this is the best solution for all if you don't need to stuck any where and make your trip nice
Old 07-15-2016, 08:37 PM   #7

This is an example

https://youtu.be/Tn1a7uTkrSM

https://youtu.be/VbLhphU5COM

https://youtu.be/E-qwd2RLl8g
Old 07-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I hate to say it, but those are kind of fun to watch :-)
Old 07-15-2016, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I hate to say it, but those are kind of fun to watch :-)
Same here if am in Thier position so I will hate my trip

That is why if this system could help all the rvs so it will be helpfully to install but as far I know that used for trucks and not motorhome or I can say never see like this system install in the motorhome

So if we contact the company TIREBOSS so they have a solutions for the motorhome as well

And what's the price they will ask for
Old 07-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My so works for a company that runs trucks off road with severe uphill pulls and rough terrain. They use these systems they call cti central tire inflation. They will lower the air pressure as low as 40 pounds and the traction they get is unbelievable.
That said these are open wheel trucks with no wheel wells so they have the room for the tires to contort to any shape. Not so with a motorhome.
The cost and installation nightmare would make this unrealistic in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
My so works for a company that runs trucks off road with severe uphill pulls and rough terrain. They use these systems they call cti central tire inflation. They will lower the air pressure as low as 40 pounds and the traction they get is unbelievable.
That said these are open wheel trucks with no wheel wells so they have the room for the tires to contort to any shape. Not so with a motorhome.
The cost and installation nightmare would make this unrealistic in my opinion.
It's grate but as per the cost it's nightmare as you said

But this will be benifi for the users as I understand with TIREBOSS you can use the exist tires and extend the lifetime upto 40000 KM +
Old 07-16-2016, 12:07 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Their website has a form to complete in order to get a quote. Maybe you should fill it out and see what they say.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Their website has a form to complete in order to get a quote. Maybe you should fill it out and see what they say.
Noted

I will sent for them an email along with quote form
Old 07-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamood View Post
It's grate but as per the cost it's nightmare as you said

But this will be benifi for the users as I understand with TIREBOSS you can use the exist tires and extend the lifetime upto 40000 KM +
With the CTI system I mentioned they use the existing tires as well. In the conditions they are running in their worst case scenario was replacing a set of tires (8) in six weeks.
They average a set of tires every 4 months.
By running tires deflated in a condition where you are stuck you are putting alot of undo stress on these tires that they are not designed for, hence would I want to be running down the highway at highway speeds after that?
I just can't see extending the life of tires 40,000 km That is a red light statement to me!

I did not mean the cost was a nightmare but rather the installation might be.