Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmiii View Post
I see PPL and MHSRV in Texas.
Are there any other similar dealers in Florida or the Southeast?
Ye but, I am in Maine....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #16

I just bought a Class A and sold my old Class C two days after listing it, so I think I can add some perspective from both buyer and seller point of view.

First of all, as mentioned previously, your ad should have lots of photos with good lighting, and very little in the way of personal belongings in the photos. I actually saw one ad where the guy had soiled dishes piled in the sink and dirty socks lying on the floor! Needless to say, I didn't bother looking at the rest of the ad.

Provide a full description. Things like tire date codes are important.

Make sure to list both the price and the miles in your ad. If I see an ad that doesn't include the miles I assume the buyer is trying to hide the bad news.

If your spelling isn't good, have someone proof-read it for you.

Just my $.02 worth.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
I just bought a Class A and sold my old Class C two days after listing it, so I think I can add some perspective from both buyer and seller point of view.

First of all, as mentioned previously, your ad should have lots of photos with good lighting, and very little in the way of personal belongings in the photos. I actually saw one ad where the guy had soiled dishes piled in the sink and dirty socks lying on the floor! Needless to say, I didn't bother looking at the rest of the ad.

Provide a full description. Things like tire date codes are important.

Make sure to list both the price and the miles in your ad. If I see an ad that doesn't include the miles I assume the buyer is trying to hide the bad news.

If your spelling isn't good, have someone proof-read it for you.

Just my $.02 worth.
Important points and I'll add, stage the coach. To get an idea visit an open house by a builder and visit a better RV dealer to see how they do. A quality ad will shine with many ads being junky and dirty.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #18

PPL as a resource

Look at PPL and MHSRV as a resource, not just for selling your rig, but how to present it.

I like the formula PPL uses for all of their (higher-end coach) internet ads. Front shot, or front-quartering, curb side, rear-quartering, rear, streetside rear-quartering, streetside - side, streetside front-quartering. The get closeups of selling points such as tire DOT date codes, excellent pass through storage with slide trays, pretty and clean genset, side radiator, external entertainment. Then, go inside and get full-length shot from entry facing aft. Work your way aft paying close attention to kitchen appliances and layout. Bath, then bedroom (highlight storage), then full-length facing forward, and focus on living room furniture. lastly, get closeups of the dash showing engine running (no OBD codes, good air pressure, volts, mileage), then back off to show cockpit and copilots area.

Remove ALL personal items from pictures. If you have the original bedcover (comforter) and pillow shams, get them on there for the pictures! If you have one or two exterior shots of your rig on an adventure, those certainly won't hurt. I've seen some with amazing backdrops while the seller was boondocking in some remote location. Put the potential buyer there, and in your rig...
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #19

We finished emptying the coach last night. The cleanup will be down over the weekend.

It does have two obvious blemishes - the stairs are slightly out of square by 2 - 3 inches - thanks to a service center that will never be visited again. The other, the right rear tire shield took some hits by a lane blocking pylons in Canada. (They abruptly shifted from being outside the driving lane to being positioned inside the driving lane ~ will be repairing that, I hope.) - one of the hinges is partially busted, got a secure temporary fix in place, pretty sure I can do better.

This weekend - state vehicle inspection. Visit the one local dealer I trust for a consignment sale conversation. Then top to bottom cleaning.

The private sale process is straight forward.
1. Down payment
2. Buyer financing and payment
3. Pay off the loan
4. Get the title released
5. Buyer gets transport plates
6. Takes delivery

Tnx for the great advice from all, stay tuned?
Old 05-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
CamJam1 has it right. clean like you never did before, empty out personal items and lots of great pictures.
Get a manufacturer's original pamphlet and go through the options you have. A 2 page list of options is so much better than "Loaded" in the description.
Also, list all the recent repairs and maintainance records. Some repairs can be called "maintianance" items in a pinch.
I listed my old Airstream on Kijiji and had 2 buyers within hours, and both were from over 300 miles away! The first one that came to look pulled out a big wad of cash after the test drive and paid me my asking price!
Short story, don't over price it, and be happy with seeing the tail lights head off into the sunset.
Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell, class a