Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #1

I've got my '86 Coachmen class-c listed in one of the local want-ad digests where I live, and so far, not much action. I think I have it priced on the low side, compared to the other units for sale, but who knows (too old to get a value from NADA, and dealers only offer lowballs, below wholesale). I'm looking to move to a pop-up or small hybrid.

So, I'm considering putting it on E-bay. I have my share of concerns about this, but from what I've read here and there, it seems to be have a higher success rate than local publications.

Any experiences or tips that anyone can share would be most appreciated. Here's a site with my MH info and photos, in case that helps determine what direction I should try - '86 Coachmen Leprechaun

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #2

I've got my '86 Coachmen class-c listed in one of the local want-ad digests where I live, and so far, not much action. I think I have it priced on the low side, compared to the other units for sale, but who knows (too old to get a value from NADA, and dealers only offer lowballs, below wholesale). I'm looking to move to a pop-up or small hybrid.

So, I'm considering putting it on E-bay. I have my share of concerns about this, but from what I've read here and there, it seems to be have a higher success rate than local publications.

Any experiences or tips that anyone can share would be most appreciated. Here's a site with my MH info and photos, in case that helps determine what direction I should try - '86 Coachmen Leprechaun

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You can also list it in the iRv2.com Classified ads - there is a Classified Ads link at the top of the forum pages.

Exposure is everything when selling an Rv. Somewhere out there is someone who wants exactly what you have - the problem is getting your offer in front of him/her. So display your ad in as many places as you can and keep hoping!

It often takes a long time to sell an RV, often 12-24 months. That's why most folks trade them in and that's also why dealers don't give much for a trade-in.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #4

drewc
There are quite a few places to list your MH that may have some impact getting a buyer to you. I would first start by starting a search on google.com with the inquiry of rv's for sale by private sellers. This will give you places that list rv's where the dealers do not list
(preffered by a lot of lookers). Second would be rvonline.com, and my third choice would be traderonline.com. Of course all these after listing here on IRv2.
Derek
Old 06-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally posted by drewc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, I'm considering putting it on E-bay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As already mentioned, you can advertise it for FREE here in the classifieds section of iRV2.com.

I sold my 1988 Pace Arrow on EBAY a few years ago, and had no problems. As I remember it there was only a flat fee, but you should check it out carefully before placing it there.

Since exposure is EVERYTHING when selling, I strongly suggest you park it out (with permission from the merchant) in a visible spot on a highly travelled roadway. Move it to another location every few days. Bring it home each night IF you are concerned about theft or vandalism. Our friends did this for 2+ months trying to sell their Class C, and got lots of calls, but they sold it while sitting in the parking lot at the local RV SHOW! Hopefully you'll have a show in your area soon. ED
Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #6

How do you post a classified ad on IRV2? I'm registered for the classifieds, but I cannot find anywhere to post the ad.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #7

Please disregard, I found the correct link.