Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
.......I guess I'm just frustrated over a recent incident where a potential buyer said she was going to buy; spent hours on the phone, several e-mails, additional pictures, changed my travel plans, spent an entire day removing my things and cleaning the coach w/o a deposit and then find out she can't get financing even thou she spent hours.
__________________________________________________ ______________
She wasn't a buyer, just wasted your time. A true buyer will come along. From one Georgian to another, be patient. Don't fall for any scams, and also would not give any FREE TAXI SERVICE. I would in no way take it off the market for a prospective buyer without $$$$$ up front. Good luck,
David G.

USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Country Coach Owners Club
Is it reasonable to ask for a non-refundable deposit; like $1500/2500; for someone who says they want to buy it and want a few days to arrange financing and transportation to my motorhome?

Given the difficulties you have already experienced, I would think announcing an additional impediment to a sale would not be wise.

If the potential buyer shows up, inspects the unit, and asks you to take it off the market pending their purchase, a deposit of some sort could be in order. Maybe $200 or more non-refundable for your inconvenience and a written time frame for final execution of the deal.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
I guess I'm not the only one. When I listed on this site 10 days ago, it said 105 had been sold. Now it says 101. Apperantly 4 more have backed out of deals.
bjsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
After 6 months of trying to sell my MH and getting no offers, I gave it to a dealer on consignment.

He sold it in 5 weeks and my net was only a little less than I expected from my own efforts.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #19
I sold my 1st 2 motorhomes within 2 days of offering them for sale after owning them for 3 and 10 years respectively. Both were gas coaches priced under $20K so they were cash deals. I made sure they were very, very, VERY clean (especially the glass). When the buyers arrived, they were plugged in with everything working. AC was keeping it nice and cool inside on a hot day....try finding that at a dealer. Hot water came out of the faucets. There were a few cold drinks in the fridge for thirsty folks. I priced them so as not to scare people away... and oh yeah did I mention they were very clean?

raceguy549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
I noticed someone mentioned about listing on this site. Are there RVs listed here for sale. I am hoping to be in the market for a class A in a month or two after our vacation. I live in PEI on the east coast of Canada and will be spending 10 days or so in Daytona Beach before leaving for Greece. I am hoping to have a look around while there so if anyone has some dealers that they feel I should check out I sure would appreciate it.

Cheers for now!
ShannyFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by ShannyFE View Post
I noticed someone mentioned about listing on this site. Are there RVs listed here for sale.
Click on Classifieds at the top header panel under the picture of every page you view.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
A non-refundable deposit isn't going to help you get rid of your coach. A deposit pending the new owner bringing the full funds is expected. That deposit should only hold the coach for a few days, not weeks. What the deposit does for the seller is show your commitment to selling to him/her, not the person that shows up later in the day.

In this market, it might be beneficial to consider a consignment arrangement with a large successful seller. PPL seems to be a good example of a place I might consider. I don't know where you are and I've never used them, but they look like the right kind of place to consider.
99 Country Coach
Prevost XL 45 Conversion
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
JMHO, but I would not pay any kind of a deposit for the privilege of "looking" at a coach. We just went through the buying process...looked at many rigs, both on line and in person. Had many an owner and salesman send lots of pictures and tell me how wonderful they were, immaculate, loaded with goodies, low mileage, etc. However, in person, many were filthy, carpet worn out, reeking of stale cigar smoke and, in general, coaches I would not even consider. One salesman told me if I wanted to see it, I'd have to wait until the following week...seems the dealer had rented it out to a bunch of guys for a football weekend...and this was in the $200k range. Needless to say, we ruled that one out.

There are many coaches out there on the market, I'd make it as easy as possible for the buyer.
2008 AC Allegiance 42G, Spartan, ISL
hooverbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #24
Checked the classfied and it was ther. I usually use the cut down version on the ipad. Thanks again for your help

ShannyFE is offline   Reply With Quote