Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanWeGoDad View Post
Thanks for the solid info on some of our key questions - certainly confirms our decision. I'm very impressed, especially with the mileage - I imagine you must drive with a fairly light foot?
Congratulations on your new motor home!

I probably do drive with a lighter foot, however the key to great mileage is using the mode button on the Allison transmission. You can press it at any time (underway or stopped) When the red light is lit you are in economy mode and it changes the shift points to lower RPM's. If you're not driving in serious mountains then the mode button is your best friend when it comes to fuel mileage.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance. We love to see RV pictures.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #16

It's been a whirlwind the last few days with work and finance etc on the purchase bit we have our walk through tomorrow morning then we get to drive away in our new rig for the first time. Can't wait!

I'll definitely post some pictures. Thanks for asking - fun to share the excitement with those who understand what it's like!

Do you have the Allison 2500 or 3000?
CanWeGoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post

Congratulations on your new motor home!

I probably do drive with a lighter foot, however the key to great mileage is using the mode button on the Allison transmission. You can press it at any time (underway or stopped) When the red light is lit you are in economy mode and it changes the shift points to lower RPM's. If you're not driving in serious mountains then the mode button is your best friend when it comes to fuel mileage.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance. We love to see RV pictures.
Thanks - we're thrilled!

It's been a whirlwind the last few days with work and finance etc on the purchase bit we have our walk through tomorrow morning then we get to drive away in our new rig for the first time. Can't wait!

I'll definitely post some pictures. Thanks for asking - always fun to share the excitement with those who can understand!

Do you have Allison 2500 or 3000?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #18

Here she is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-56566208.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	35520   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2038909853.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	581.3 KB
ID:	35521  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1035637397.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	549.7 KB
ID:	35522  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I am not aware of any motorhome being well insulated. It just does not seem to be a high priority. The large front windshield will transfer a lot of cold into the coach. So maybe that is why they don't bother.

The Jayco Seneca just might be the best all around unit for how you will be using it. I think it will be easier to keep it warm. It has the power and structure to go over the mountains. Jayco also builds better than average products.

Also check out a 2009 or 2010 Jayco Embark. They do not build the Embark any longer but it is a step up from the Seneca. It is a unit I would want to boondock in. 105 gallon fresh water, 52 gray, 52 black. It is a Seneca on steroids. It has an 8.3 litre engine. The model TB390 has the bunk beds.

Plus the kids would love the way it looks. It looks cool.

Good luck
Good advice
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #20

Did you see the current issue of MotorHome magazine? It has the Berkshire 390 BH as it's featured rig!!!

Cool MH.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanWeGoDad View Post
Here she is!
Congratulations on the new coach. I have a 2012 390bh. My family and I love it. We put on 12k miles already and plan another 6k trip this June. Great coach for the money. A few tips- we removed our doors on the bunks- it makes it a bunch easier with the kids and space. Also I noticed from the picture you have the original window. That window has a upgrade that fixes the rattling problem. Our window was replaced under warranty and if I were you would demand they replace it for you as well. The new window has a smaller slider part that eliminates the window noise. Hope you enjoy your coach.
Klucas is offline   Reply With Quote