Originally Posted by Bronccat
Our 2006 Monaco Knight 38PDQ has the Cummins ISC-330
I am planning on doing everything myself and I am operating under the assumption that everything is due.
Is there a check list for servicing a DP? So far here's what I think I know:
Change the oil (TBD) and filter (Fleetgard LF9009)
Install a Fumoto drain plug valve (maybe)
Change the fuel filter (FF5488)
Grease fittings (is there a diagram anywhere?)
Air dryer cartridge (system saver 1200 (picture in manual) R950011 filter - does brand matter?)
Coolant filter (gotta look for P/N)
Service the Generator (oil, filter, fuel filter)
This is somewhat generic but fairly complete:
Complete base line service for Cummins diesel motorhome:
Engine: filters to be Fleetguard
2. Fuel filters (2)
3. Coolant filter if equipped and test/ adjust SCA level if standard coolant. Change coolant @ 5 years. Add extender at 3 years if OAT type coolant.
4. Air filter if over 3 years old. Inspect plumbing between filter and turbo inlet for evidence of dust. Inspect CAC plumbing.
5. Inspect hoses & belts.
Transmission: filters to be Allison high capacity.
1. Change filters @ 36 months & top up.
2. Change fluid @ 48 months or test sample.
Always use TES295 fluid as approved by Allison.
1. Complete lube including lifting front axle from ends to unload king pins.
2. Including 3 zerks on steering column and one zerk on steering box.
3. Change Hydraulic filter & top up.
4. Change air dryer cartridge @ 2-3 years.
5. Grease front wheel bearings 3-5 years or change to oil hubs & inspect.
6. Change differential gear oil @ 3-5 years.
7. Inspect brake surfaces.
8. Inspect oil level tag axle hubs.
9. Inspect both chassis & house batteries. Make sure all connections are clean & tight. If flooded lead acid, check & top up with distilled water monthly.
1. Oil/ filter
2. Fuel filter
3. Air filter
4. Perform valve lash, belt/ hose replacement and generator unit service before 2000 hours. Replace thermostat and coolant @ that time.
1. Replace fuel filter
2. Replace burner nozzle
3. Exercise tempering valve.
4. Inspect coolant level at top of AquaHot unit and at expansion tank.
Inspect and clean all battery terminals.