Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Service Ramps? 32k gvw Holiday Rambler

Hi has anyone use the Rhino gear RhinoRamps Max 16k capacity ramps? was thinking about using 2 pair on the rear of my Holiday Rambler. Total load capacity would be 32K, which by the math, more capacity than my whole coach. Thoughts? thx ps to make sure, i was going to fill them with quickcrete...where i am going to use them, they can sit there all the time but if i have to move, they will weight about 80lbs each

2003 HR Endeavor 36PST
2008 HHR Panel van (toad)
grthigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Two potential concerns.

First, I have had very little success driving onto ramps. I jack up the axle, place the ramps under the tires, lower the vehicle onto the ramps, do the job, and drive off of the ramps. I have never attempted this on a dual rear wheel axle, but I can easily imagine one ramp slipping while the other one takes the full weight of that end of the axle, overloading the ramp and the tire.

Second, assuming that you can safely get the rear tires onto the ramps, the ground beneath the ramps needs to be very flat and level to avoid uneven weight distribution between the duals.

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freightliner XC, CAT 3126B
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #3
I made mine from multiple pieces of 2X10 beveled on the ends. They raise the MH about 5". The bottom piece is 5' long, 2nd 4', 3rd 3'. This spreads the weight out more so they don't sink into the ground.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
I tried the 16000k Rhino ramps on my Newmar Bay Star 2901. They worked very well on the front wheels, on a concrete flat driveway. They did not move when driving onto them. Good for short term use.
The Rhino Ramps were NOT satisfactory for long term use as they started to deform. Mine did after 3-4 weeks.
Our driveway is slanted and I used them to level the motor home. I replaced the Rhino Ramps with home made wood ramps constructed from 2 x 10s.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 2901, 2007 Honda CR-V toad
British Columbia, Canada
Woodsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I made mine from multiple pieces of 2X10 beveled on the ends. They raise the MH about 5". The bottom piece is 5' long, 2nd 4', 3rd 3'. This spreads the weight out more so they don't sink into the ground.

This 2x12 solution is more portable, less expensive, and can be varied in height.

Have used it for about 8 years with our 31,000# rig.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #6
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
16kGVW capacity..read the fine print..not sure what it says but it COULD mean

16kGVW = 8k per axle = 4k per ramp

I made these (as others have said) and have no concerns laying under the coach.

1995 BlueBird BMC 37
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
1984 BlueBird Wanderlodge FC35RB-Sold
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote

holiday rambler, service