Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

Shade on windshield On thor vegas

Hope someone can help. We had trouble getting the front shade to go down. At first it only lowered about 6 inches. After putting on the the brake, still no go.

I then started up the engine, even though we were told the key had to be out. The shade went down until it was about 2 inches from the dash.

The problem now is, it won't go up all the way. It goes up about 3 inches, then stops.

I asked this question on the Thor forum. The responder said he has an Irvine shade in his Thor and gave me a couple of links that might prove to be useful. BUT he has a different mh than we have.

We have a 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
If anyone knows what kind of shade we have, or if you know a solution to our problem, please help.

I looked thru all the literature, and there is nothing on this shade.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #2

I have nothing trying to get this question back on top
Old 06-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #3

prob a United Shade, mine also stopped and wont return to the top -
until I get to Elkhart in a few weeks, I roll it up and rest it on the under cabinet fans
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #4

Most of the power shades have a program function. I could give instructions for mine but I don't know the brand Bon one end you should see either one button or two depending on if you have a night shade also. The buttons are hard to find but mine are on the left and are color appropriate. Hold the button as you hold the switch and you should here a series of beeps. Let go of the button and lower the shade to where you want it. You will here a beep. Raise the shade to where you want it stored and release you will her a beep. That should get it going but there are other programs to limit the shade travel when driving. Find the shade manufacturer and look for program instructions.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #5

I've been reading about the reprogramming on various manufacturers websites. The trouble is, I don't know what brand we have.
I did email thor on Friday afternoon, so I'm hoping to get a reply this week. I may just call them.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #6

Did you find the buttons I was talking about?
Old 06-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434911919.457057.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	97974
Old 06-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil57 View Post
Did you find the buttons I was talking about?
Finally got out there to look. No buttons like that. BTW, its just 1 shade, not day/night shade.
There are 2 black wires hanging from the end of the roller that are attached to a push button

I'm assuming that that is the button for resetting the shade. We already played around with that, before we knew about any resetting procedures.
So I didn't want to do anymore until I know the manufacturer. But, if I get desparate enough, I will try the different procedures.

A booklet on this would've been a great help.

Really appreciate the help.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #9

I was searching on the internet for 3 days for a fix. Today I hit paydirt. I don't know if I have United shades, but this youtube video worked. I have the same "learning wires" as in the video. Happy I don't have to bring my mh in for this. Here's the link. I don't know how to make a clicky.
Thanks all for the replies.

https://youtu.be/ZAsryA0z6dc
Old 06-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #10

That's what I was trying to say. By the way most all the shade Manufacturer's use that same motor. It slides it the end of the tube and is a simple replacement if needed. I had to replace our at a FMCA rally last month. Funny thing the MCD shade guy wanted 180$ for the shade but we were in Goshen at the time so a trip to the factory and bought a new one for 80$.
Glad you got yours working. From time to time outs will lose the program and will need to be reset.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RaynMary,
I may be a little late to the party but go to this web link for a little more info:
Vegas/axix front shade - Thor Forums

Jerry
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, thor