Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Getting Marcus involved does help.

I had CW install a Traveler in place of my old dome with the instructions the wiring was to follow that of the existing wiring in the ceiling, and that was in writing on the work order. When I came to pick up the MH the photos are what they wanted me to pay for. The large glob of caulking was visible from the front of the MH.

Marcus did get the problem fixed after the service manager refused to do any corrective work.

Needless to say, if it's not at Walmart or online I don't need it as I will never darken the doors of CW again. When a work order is in writing and this is what you come back to....they either can't read or they are crooks. JMO from my personal experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr. Fedora's Coach 001 (Small).jpg
Views:	297
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	52526   Click image for larger version

Name:	top glob.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	52527  

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #16

Brobox, that was shade tree work at its worst! I would think they would pay you to take these pictures off the Internet. I have had better experiences with them, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
Brobox, that was shade tree work at its worst! I would think they would pay you to take these pictures off the Internet. I have had better experiences with them, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Pretty sad isn't it? After the attitude from the service and store mangers, I can see why the stores do what THEY want. It is a shame that a customer has to call the President of the company because of this type work, or treatment. I can just see what they would do now with their 'we will install anything for $29.95." The above installation was almost $400.

After my experience, any purchase of an RV from CW, the buyer is taking his purchase in his own hands.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Brobox, That wiring job looks really cheesy , I can't believe that is "a professional job".

Those wires would all be tore off the first time I had to shovel the snow off. And out here in Colorado, I have seen the CW employees shoveling snow off the roofs of RVs before they bring them in, so water is not running off of it for days flooding their workbay. O well, them guys in FL probably don't know what snow is.

Were they able to get all that caulk off and make it look like a professional job?
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Excuse me for saying - that's a crapy job... Don't those clowns know that no one wants wires running all over their roof... I mean - really!!!

I think I'd take this issue to a higher-up in the CW organization.... I'd demand a re-do!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
The sad thing is no matter what the fix is, the roof is compromised and the fix will still reduce the resale of the rig......what the h..l were they thinking?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Count me as another one that would only use CW for service in an extreme emergency with no other options. Been there, tried them, won't go back. We still shop in their store some times. They have a better selection than other places near home.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are a Florida resident you have many choices of recourse. You can hire an attorney. you can file a complaint with the City, county and State of Florida Attorney generals office. If you are a Senior citizen you have an ELDER ABUSE Hotline thru the States Attorney general. Don't take their brush off. the squeaky wheel gets the attention. Demand your items be taken care of! Safe travels... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Getting Marcus involved does help.

I had CW install a Traveler in place of my old dome with the instructions the wiring was to follow that of the existing wiring in the ceiling, and that was in writing on the work order. When I came to pick up the MH the photos are what they wanted me to pay for. The large glob of caulking was visible from the front of the MH.

Marcus did get the problem fixed after the service manager refused to do any corrective work.

Needless to say, if it's not at Walmart or online I don't need it as I will never darken the doors of CW again. When a work order is in writing and this is what you come back to....they either can't read or they are crooks. JMO from my personal experience.
That is unbelievable. After talking with Marcus how did they "get the problem fixed". Any pictures of the final install after fixing.

Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #24

New pics please. I wanna see how they fixed the hole.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #25

Wow.....if that is a $400 labor job I would hate to see the $29 install job....duct tape instead of calk maybe. Those pics definitely sealed the deal for me never using Camping World for anything other than a chair, hose, or water filter.
bmcfaror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #26

Not all CWs are bad, but from what I have read, the odds of a good outcome are against you

Old 12-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Long story short.....after Marcus had to be contacted. The wires were removed from the roof and were pulled through the ceiling like they were instructed to do.

The MH was then taken to a body shop where both holes on the front cap were fiber glassed and the front cap re-painted.

After CW destroyed my MH, I refuse to pay the installation charges and they were waved. However CW had the gall to try to sell me an extended warranty on the Traveler. I told them, if it ever failed they would replace it or the photos and I would see them in court. I was handed an extended warranty at no charge honored by any CW. I gave that to the buyer when I sold the MH last week.

The store manager REFUSED to do anything before Marcus was contacted, Be very aware if you have any dealings with CW. I wouldn't buy a roll of TP from CW.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #28

A La Mesa RV opened very close to me. Closer than the CW that I used to go to when I couldn't find something online or needed "right now" or nobody else had. They always pushed their membership plan or whatever they call it. Of all the stuff I have bought from them, I would not have recouped the cost of the membership.