Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Tastefully done and beautiful in my opinion.

Did you get some touch up paint from their mixing efforts or will having the paint codes achieve the same purpose?
They provide a jar of touch-up paint(brush in lid), of each color, and they also provide the paint manufacturer's paint code. In fact, they provide you with a folder of information about the paint, with codes, paint care, etc. and photographs of the whole process being done, as well as before and after 8x10's.

Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
The site is still there and they have a video of a mh being done. and a 2 year warranty. I've been tossing the idea of haveing the 82 painted but I am not sure about all the graphics I wonder if just having the old colors redone?
We thought about doing this for way too long, and the original unpainted fiberglass panels yellowed, and vinyl graphics faded and cracked, from years in the sun. So the question became should we trade, or should we keep and get her painted.

We've had this unit for over 10 years, and it still suits us just fine. I have kept up with all the usual mechanical maintenance, as well as frame rust, pan rust, and even all the metal framework behind the storage bay doors, as it also started rusting. Every month or so, I would pick something as a project, and take care of it.

We know this RV inside out, it runs great, the size suits us, and the interior still looks close to new, (no shoes or pets inside). Not knowing what we'd be getting into if we traded for another pre-owned (new was out of the question), taking care of the exterior was the obvious choice.

So if you intend to keep your's for year to come, a full-body paint job may be the answer for you, as well. The paint shop we dealt with has a hugh book of photographs of graphics designs, or they will design something new for you, or take your ideas and pics you send them, and design something from that. There is no charge for any of that, as it is all included in their price of the paint job.

Indian River, De
Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
We thought about doing this for way too long, and the original unpainted fiberglass panels yellowed, and vinyl graphics faded and cracked, from years in the sun. So the question became should we trade, or should we keep and get her painted.

We've had this unit for over 10 years, and it still suits us just fine. I have kept up with all the usual mechanical maintenance, as well as frame rust, pan rust, and even all the metal framework behind the storage bay doors, as it also started rusting. Every month or so, I would pick something as a project, and take care of it.

We know this RV inside out, it runs great, the size suits us, and the interior still looks close to new, (no shoes or pets inside). Not knowing what we'd be getting into if we traded for another pre-owned (new was out of the question), taking care of the exterior was the obvious choice.

So if you intend to keep your's for year to come, a full-body paint job may be the answer for you, as well. The paint shop we dealt with has a hugh book of photographs of graphics designs, or they will design something new for you, or take your ideas and pics you send them, and design something from that. There is no charge for any of that, as it is all included in their price of the paint job.
First of all, I am envious of your beautiful motorhome. I have the same coach and the same problems as you had. Can't tell you how often I have thought about painting mine. Unfortunately, I figure it would cost about 30% of it's value to repaint. Don't really know if this is a good thing to do just to make it look better but I am sort of a showboat person LOL. When the RV parks start turning me away, I get serious. It looks fantastic!!
Rich
Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post

CaptBill, It sure looks nice. I took your advice and sent them a email asked my Questions and will wait to hear what they say. It would be next spring when I would do it. Really Ours is pretty nice now I might say, I had to pressure wash the sides (black crap)and very heavily oxidized then 2 coats of wax when we bought her. It would look a lot better (Shinny) with new paint and they redo the caulking too thats a plus for me but for almost 32 years old it looks nice we get a few nice MH what year comments. We have not encountered the 10 year rule We do plan on keeping her, 49,000 miles and 260 on the gennie its almost mint and still perfect interior
Thanks , Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Looks great! Now you need a new avatar pic.
Thanks for the reminder, Sarah. This will do for now. I'll get a better one when we're back on the road again.

Indian River, De

Tags
paint