Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
Shocks for 1997 Safari with leaf springs

I am trying to find out what shocks fit my 1997 Safari Sahara Magnum with LEAF SPRINGS. I checked with Monaco and they were not very helpful. They look like Bilsteins but I cannot see any numbers on them. Does anyone have any experience with these? Info on any brand would be helpful.

wscwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
I climbed under and found they are Monroe shocks with these numbers rear 6969 front 6878. I cannot find these listed anywhere.

wscwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I plan on going with Konis front and back on my 82 PA suppose to be the top of the line. My 2nd would be the Bilstiens. You can email Koni and get prices but they are the most expensive there. I checked into a place but now I can't remember where but it started with a S, hes a sponsor here I think, but his shop had the best prices so far.Hopefully someone coming along can offer more assistance.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
I went with Konis's, but then again my coach is a Velvet Ride. Go to either Safari Yahoo website and search the messages for part numbers.
1997 Safari Serengeti M-4040
& 2007 Ford Sports Trac
& 2004 Ford Exploder TOAD's
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Six years ago, I put Monroe's on my "87 PA. You have to look at the Monroe truck catalog. I couldn't find my rear shocks listed anywhere, so I printed off the Monroe catalog, and compared sizes until I found a comparable size for the 4 rear shocks. Monroe's are definitely less costly than Koni's or Bilstein's. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '98 Saturn SW2, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote