Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #15

good for me been there 7/8 times
rallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #16

I was there last year to shop for a used MH. One thing I found very pleasant, you can walk to the MH all by yourself, the keys are in the switch, you can start it, move it fwd and aft, run the gene, test everything and no one came to bother us.

If you wanted a salerep I guess you just ask, but for me, this was very interesting not to have a sale pressure on me.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #17

Always been good to me on 2 new class A units. Going back for a 3rd.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have purchased seven RVs from LD over the past 25 years. Long story. They have always been very good to me with discounts off MSRP 28-33%. No one else has been willing to meet their prices. Service has also been good but be prepared to wait. They are not very efficient. Plan on spending a minimum of a week there and much longer if your list is over 3-5 items. Personnel are very accommodating and camping is very nice. I would recommend them and have to anyone.
Jafundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Never really got to enjoy the shopping experience. I made my deal via email, I emailed my price and my possible trade. They said yes to my price and gave me value on trade. The price was regardless of trade, surprising, I find many dealers lowball trade to make up for price. Price was 30% off MSRP, sold my trade privately for $20k more than trade.

Lazydays paid for flight into Tampa and salesman, Jason picked us up. Good experience at delivery, more laid back than I thought. We spent 3 days in delivery bay prior to leaving. Crown Club was a great benefit for 3 years. They almost forgot to ask for the payment check, found me 2 days later about 2 hrs before I left to drive home.

Having my first service being done, left off Nov 1st. Not as happy with progression of service so far. I am picking up on Dec 20th, not sure if it will be done or not. Time will tell.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We bought our first (and hopefully last) mh there and had a very positive experience. And their price beat the other big dealer in Fla
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #21

Again, I appreciate all of your responses. One thing I'm wondering is how well folks buying used were able to negotiate on price and trade. I'm pretty sure we will buy used unless they make us a deal we cannot refuse!
Joe_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #22

Wasted a day of my life with a salesman there a few years back. Cash deal, used gas A, budget up to $80K, or so. We had very specific needs due to a disabled spouse, and several of the units would of worked. After hours of looking, we saw a Bounder with a workable floor plan, but it has several issues, including totally destroyed decals, and questionable paint, from the Fl. sun. The interior was rough, with a homemade dog house cover and cabinetry revisions that appeared to have been done with an axe. The thing needed six new tires. Just to see if they were in the real world on pricing, I offered $20K less than their asking, which BTW seemed to be typically NADA high retail plus another $5k or so. They countered with the current high retail and wouldn't budge. I was trading a really shape truck and trailer. They were offering about 40% less than trade-in value with all kinds of stories, including that I would never get anywhere near what I wanted for them, if I sold them privately. We left after a full day of listening to the salesman's BS.

A day later the salesman called with an offer on a unit I would of happily bought, if there were anywhere close to reality on pricing. He had taken the high retail number that I would of paid, added the number I was looking for on my trade (effectively taking a coach worth $65K and pricing it at $95K) and told me that it was an offer I wouldn't refuse. After I got done laughing, I asked why I would hand him two trades for free, then pay high retail for his rig?
When we got home, I sold both trades on Craigslist, for nearly twice their offer. The trailer that, "nobody would ever pay that much for" according to the wizards at LD, sold for asking, in days, and I had other buyers who wanted to be notified if the deal fell through. By selling the trade-ins privately, and finding a fairly priced used coach at another dealer a few miles from LD, I had at least $25-30K more in my pocket in the end.
I have met many satisfied buyers of new rigs, but when it comes to a used one, IMHO, it's nothing but a giant waste of time, unless you don't mind wasting ten of thousands on overpaying for a coach.
Slate Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #23

We have tried twice in the past to deal with LD. Both times I asked for SALES price NOT MSRP. BOTH times we were quoted FULL MSRP. I explained that I wanted the "I write you a check" price but all the salesman could do was quote the full MSRP price and then tell me "we are the largest RV dealers". Good thing they weren't the ONLY RV dealership! We left and bought our RV from another dealership.
Maybe LD and CW should wake up!! I refuse to buy from either of them.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #24

We bought 4 mh from them and very satisfied ; gotta do your homework!!!
Dont be afraid to change salesperson if you dont click ; its your money and they will deal if you make them. Remember its winter and the place is a zoo so dont be in a hurry , it wont happen. Oh one other thing ; dont forget murphys law.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We have bought 2 motorhomes. the first was in Indiana from a local dealer. it had a few things we didn't think were quite right but we were new to Rving at that time and when they said those things were normal in a used unit we trusted them. Big mistake!! and they gave us no warranty whatsoever! They even lied to us about the age of our tires!! I did know about the DOT stamp so I caught them on that but I had already signed the papers.What they had done was turn the rear tires date in so it could not be read and when I asked them about the rear tires the salesman lied.It was a Tiffin Phaeton and we got a good taste of what RV ing was like because the unit was nice it just an older model a 2003.
We traded it in 11 mos later at Lazy Days and this time we felt we knew RVs a little better and we felt we did a better inspection. It was still a used unit but a 2009.

When we pointed out some things we didn't like they jumped right on them and even found things we didn't see and they fixed everything!!
They gave us almost 2 mos to use it, drive it, camp in it, and bring it back for a "punch list". When we came back they fixed every little thing "real" or "imagined" and with no complaints.
Free camping,free breakfast,free lunch, and good honest service--what more could a person expect!
The only thing they wouldn't give us is membership in their Crown Club! LOL

Yes I maybe paid a little more than other places but the experience and service were excellent!
Other than waiting a little longer on them in the service bay than I would like it was overall a good experience.I recently sent my service advisor a email telling her about two small nagging issues that were really not ever fully taken care of. One was a toilet sea they fixed but is not holding water again and the kitchen island does not latch really secure. She fixed me up with 2 free days at the CG and an appt to have them fixed again!! After a full year on the road!
They must be doing something right because they are swamped with business.u
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #26

In February 2012 on a 6 week trip through the southeast, we were shopping for a new, nearly new DP. At LD a salesman spent several hours convincing us our 2005 Monaco Knight was nearly worthless, and their units were all worth MSRP. We felt so depressed after that we decided we were just going to keep, what we had. The next day a few miles down the road, we found and bought our current unit. A couple days later the LD salesman called and asked if we had come to our senses, and realized what a good deal we had passed on.
Rbhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #27

American Coach Owners Club
I live about 1 hour away from LD's and have been there a number of times over 6 years shopping for used FW's and then my DP. Over that time I have dealt with several salesmen/saleswomen. I have never felt pressured to buy, was never asked what can you afford and was always told make us an offer we can deal if reasonable. They have over 100 salesmen so the chance of maybe getting a less then competent person is higher than at a smaller dealership but then also the probability of getting someone who has a number of years wide ranging experience with is also higher. The salesman I dealt with for my DP had worked there for 15 years and there was not a question he could not answer about every unit we looked at, the individual that did the walk-thru was even better.
For service they are always busy and were frank when they said try not to come in from Nov-April if possible as they are slam full with snowbirds.

It will be interesting to see however with three new large competitors now just a few miles down the interstate how much bargaining they will want to do. Their TV and mail ads have seemed to step up in frequency in the last few months.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #28

Who are the three new large competitors?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote