Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
blackstone

But on there FAQ they say a week to a month...
I would think not many folks are willing to wait to get those results if a sale is contingent,,,

Retired:1999 33b Chieftain
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #16

If you are talking about Blackstone Labs, I called them and requested immediate analysis and sent the samples to them. They received them in the afternoon and still put the through and called me with the results that day. They then followed up with my results in an email. Pre register with them and it makes it even easier.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #17

Anybody ever buy one without an inspection? I looked at an 05 CC today and the owner gave me a thorough tour of the coach. Pointed out a couple of things that needed attention, told me of the service performed, went for a drive and allowed me to drive it. Everything seemed fine to me. It is used but he is the original owner and knows all the history on it. There may be some issues I didn't see but I feel very comfortable this coach doesn't need an inspection.
HoleInOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemnah View Post
If you are talking about Blackstone Labs, I called them and requested immediate analysis and sent the samples to them. They received them in the afternoon and still put the through and called me with the results that day. They then followed up with my results in an email. Pre register with them and it makes it even easier.
Yes, I was talking about Blackstone Labs. I should have mentioned that, sorry!
So how long did it take to send it and for them to receive it ?

Thanks

Retired:1999 33b Chieftain
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #19

I already had the bottles so I sent it 2nd day UPS $30. They were supposed to be delivered in the morning but they didn't receive it until the afternoon. When I called they told me that the analysis would be done the next day but they called me back and said they would analyze the samples that day and a couple of hours later they called me with the results. Great company to deal with.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #20

Regarding the fluid analysis:
What do the reports tell the non-technical reader? What faults would they identify? What specifically are you looking for to determine if you will buy or pass?
Thanks.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #21

There is quite a bit of information that they tell you. They analyze the amount of contaminants in the fluid sample. They can tell if the engine is shedding different metals such as bearing material. They will check for coolant or fuel in the oil and clutch pak materials and metal in the transmission. They will check moisture content also. They also give you a brief synopsis with their opinion of the sample. I will have the oil tested on each oil change looking for any problems that may be showing themselves. It is cheap insurance at $25 a test.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInOne View Post
Anybody ever buy one without an inspection? I looked at an 05 CC today and the owner gave me a thorough tour of the coach. Pointed out a couple of things that needed attention, told me of the service performed, went for a drive and allowed me to drive it. Everything seemed fine to me. It is used but he is the original owner and knows all the history on it. There may be some issues I didn't see but I feel very comfortable this coach doesn't need an inspection.

We bought our rig 11 years ago without an inspection. It was our first RV and 7 years old at the time.

But...we did buy an extended warranty package that covered the engine and transmission in addition to other parts of the rig. The warranty paid for itself when the injection pump failed in the first four years.

Check in cabinets and all around the ceiling for evidence of water leaks. We have had some that were due to failed sealant on antenna leads etc.

But... I always recommend that someone else at least have a mechanical inspection. (Do as I say, not as I do.) The engine and transmission repair/replace costs can be huge.

Also, extensive water intrusion can be costly to repair.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote