Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

SHOW and TELL part 3

Another thread about why an air horn isn't working included a statement by our Mike Canter that basically said, " ...we all drain the water out of the separator for the air tanks".

Well, newbie here hasn't done it yet, and I have nowhere to look in order to find the petcock, the drain hose, the....what should I look for, and where?

Anybody have photos of what we're supposed to be doing regularly?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #2

I have a 2001 GBM Cruisemaster on a Freightliner XCS Chassis. The pull cables for the lanyards (SP) are looped on the ends and can be seen by looking under the frame right behind the front wheels. I only have two, one on each side. Some chassis have three. Hope this helps.

WM
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
No photos for you but crawl under your rig and find the air tank or tanks and look for a petcock valve http://www.amazon.com/NPT-Compressor.../dp/B002HI5HHO You should have something that looks like one of these... and it will be on the bottom of the tank.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 AM   #4

OK, either way we locate the air tanks and determine whether there are lanyards attached to them, or petcocks like we have on our air compressors at home.

Thanks, guys. How often do you do that? If there's a dryer in the system, does it get replaced from time to time, or just drained?
Old 02-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #5

Attached is a picture of the left lanyard pull viewed from behind the driver's side front wheel on my coach. There is another one on the passenger side as well. You can pull these any time to remove moisture. I use an awning pull hook and do it every 6 months or so. I've yet to see any moisture come out so I guess my air dryer is working properly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lanyard Pull.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	87068
Your coach also has a Haldex Air Dryer/Filter located at the rear of the coach (mine is above the rear axle) that must be changed at specified intervals, depending upon what model Haldex is installed. If you do a search on the forum there is an excellent set of instructions for changing the dryer. If you are not comfortable working under the coach you may want to have that done by a professional.

WM