Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shower doors

On our shower we have triple sliding glass doors on the shower. The outer door is dropping loose from the top holder. The top holder is an aluminum guide with rollers. The bottom just floats in a track. The glass panel is 15" wide X 66" high.
Anyone have had a problem with the glass coming out of the top holder? Any idea how do I fix this.

Hal

Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Usually the rollers can be adjusted so the door is level and so the door is at the right height - not dragging on the bottom but low enough to not slip out of the track.

There is a screw that is loosened and the roller can be slid one way or the other in a angled slot.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Clay L
I guess I should have said, The glass is sliding down out of the holder. It's an upside down U shape with rubber over the glass. The glass in dropping but the rubber is staying in place.
Thanks for the tip on the adjustment.

Hal
Old 05-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check to see if there is a set screw in the u shaped channel. Most of the ones I worked on had a screw to hold them in place. The pressed in place ones, I CLEANED THROUGHLY the rubber and channel and glued with instant glue.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Most of the doors are held together at the corners with a set screw. It may only be loose. It may have a hole that is enlarged and replacing the screw with a larger one may work as well. Some of the frames may use a plastic press fitted corner piece. You may be able to find replacements at your camper dealer parts store. Then again, you may need to improvise!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I looked. No set screw on any of the three doors. My local Lowe's said take it apart and use silcone to glue the glass to the rubber and the rubber to the aluminum. Have to do it all at once as it all needs to set up together.
After a couple of days I'll hang the doors back up. Am hoping the silicone will hold the glass in place.

Hal
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't have a problem with the door seperating I just can't keep the door on the track. I put new wheels on and adjusted it and it always seems to fall of the track while traveling. I secure it with the straps and even put a spacer between the doors but low and behold I have to put it back on when we park. Maybe I'm just to rough of a driver but then why do I get those funny hand signals with the 1 finger from all those cars.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 AM   #8

Use Dap "kitchen and bath adhesive caulk" made for sealing around tubs/showers/sinks. Once it dries I doubt anything will break it loose. Available at Lowes
Old 06-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just a follow up.
I took the doors off. Took the top channel off the one door where the glass was coming out. There is a rubber U shaped gasket that fits between the top channel & the glass. I used paint thinner to clean everything. I used silicone on the top & top side of the glass, put the rubber U shaped gasket on then put the top channel on. Tapped it all down with a wood block on top of the channel and used a rubber mallet the tap it all down. Let it sit for two days & put it all back to gether.
This has held for lots of miles, some on rough roads without the glass coming out. Guess this was a good fix.

Hal