Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

Shower Faucet replacement

I own a 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42QD. The shower valve became very hard to turn. I’d like to replace the faucet by there is no access door. I found the correct faucet (Moen Adler 82604) but because it’s a thin wall (fiberglass shower) I need to insert a plastic plaster ground plate behind the wall. No way to get it thru the small hole. Has anyone else run into this problem?
Ggrvusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggrvusa View Post
I own a 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42QD. The shower valve became very hard to turn. I’d like to replace the faucet by there is no access door. I found the correct faucet (Moen Adler 82604) but because it’s a thin wall (fiberglass shower) I need to insert a plastic plaster ground plate behind the wall. No way to get it thru the small hole. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Will require wall surgery, most likely. The shower faucet was replaced in my Class C before I owned it; the repair person cut out a nice, square access hole, did the work, and used bead board trim to do a 'picture frame' with the removed piece.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
the access to the shower plumbing on my rig is on the back wall of the adjacent closet.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #4

I replaced ours. The original was mounted on a spacer that, when all fasteners were removed, allowed just enough room to get things apart and the new one installed. Hopefully yours may also have this type of mounting.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #5

The Moen fixture on our 2011 Ellipse 42QD did the same thing this past spring. Lime and calcium deposits had made the faucet hard to turn and also, it wouldn't fully shut off-just small drips but still, not right. I replaced just the cartridge and it works like new now. If you are interested in keeping the fixture and just servicing the cartridge, there are several how-to videos on YouTube that describe it in detail. I didn't use the puller and just barely got my old cartridge out so, getting the puller too if you decide to go this route would not be a bad idea. Pretty easy job in the end.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo2 View Post
The Moen fixture on our 2011 Ellipse 42QD did the same thing this past spring. Lime and calcium deposits had made the faucet hard to turn and also, it wouldn't fully shut off-just small drips but still, not right. I replaced just the cartridge and it works like new now. If you are interested in keeping the fixture and just servicing the cartridge, there are several how-to videos on YouTube that describe it in detail. I didn't use the puller and just barely got my old cartridge out so, getting the puller too if you decide to go this route would not be a bad idea. Pretty easy job in the end.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I ended up doing. Faucet works fine now. Still hard to believe there’s no access door.
Ggrvusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, shower