Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #1

Shower hot water problem

Had rv winterized for the first time this year and de-winterized by camping world
Have one problem and do not know if it is related
Hot water in all faucets EXCEPT Shower
Any suggestions on what problem might be
Too old for cold showers (LOL)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make sure your outside shower faucets are closed. Other make sure water heater bypass valve in correct position.

Father Mulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #3

That should do it. Had the same problem. Located the valve under the oven and near the sink in the kitchen. The valve was in the bypass position. Move to correct position and had more hot water than needed.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree, make sure the outside water facet has both hot & cold knobs turned off.

Ask me how I know!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #5

Ok I'll bit how do you know
I checked all levers and made sure no knobs were open. Matter of fact no water comes out of the external shower
I'm at wits end right now and the better have is getting impatient with me
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
My MH has a manifold (a panel with several shut off valves) in an outside compartment that allows for turning off sections of the coach. After winterizing, in the spring I had trouble getting hot water. I found that one of the valves was mismarked and I needed to experiment to find the correct valve. Hopefully it is as simple as that. However, many if not all RV's now use pex as a plumbing source. I would try to trace the line that directs water to the problem and see if it is kinked. You may also need to replace the water faucet in the shower as it may be clogged or damaged.
Since the problem has occured after winterizing, I beleive a shut off valve is most likely the problem. However if the winterizing process somehow missed the hot water side of the shower and it froze, there could be damage within that line or faucet.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #7

Problem solved it was the mixer in the handle. It was clogged and a piece broke off
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkrnr View Post
Ok I'll bit how do you know
I checked all levers and made sure no knobs were open. Matter of fact no water comes out of the external shower
I'm at wits end right now and the better have is getting impatient with me

While at Camp Freightliner last November, I could not get any hot water to the shower. After a couple of days of cold showers, I started asking for help. One gentleman asked me if I had checked the knobs on the outside shower? Puzzled I asked why. He explained how the knobs of the outside shower being open, would short circuit the path to the shower. After checking the knobs, they were both open. I closed both, & had hot water.

It made me feel kind of dumb, but it fixed my problem!

Glad you found your problem. I wonder if you did not get all of the water out of your shower fixture, after winterizing? My bottom plastic plug ( in the shower fixture ), shot out the bottom this winter. I found this last week, when getting ready for a trip to NC. I will install a drain vale to prevent this from happening next year.

« oil | Warranty »