Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Shower leaks onto bedroom carpet

I have a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer and recently picked up a new problem. When someone showers the carpet between the bed and the bathroom gets quite wet. As far as I can tell water is traveling from the shower along the floor under the carpet and pooling in a spot just behind the toilet area and the bet.
Had it checked at an RV shop and was assured it is not the toilet leaking (which was my first thought). RV place did not come up with a solution but it seems to happen only after showering.
I checked all the water lines I could access but was very limited in what lines I could trace.
There has been no back up from the gray water and the problem exists whether the tanks are empty or partially full.
Any ideas as to what might have all of a sudden happened to cause this leaking?

Kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There should be an access panel behind the shower control valve, you can check for leaks. It is also possible to leak at the shower head in the wall. Contact Winnebago for a plumbing schematic. Water leaks are a pain in the neck, good luck.

Lloyd, Cheryl & Samantha our Shih-Tzu
07 Pace Arrow 38P & 07 Liberty 4x4
How's that hope and change working for you???
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Most likely the pan drain, Some pans flex quite a bit when someone is showering and the seal between the pan and drain pipe will leak,
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
You could also have a leak in the drain piping under the raised shower pan. You probably have a vent cover over the access hole to look under the shower pan. That is a cramped area and possibly the tech that installed it may not have done a good job of gluing and sealing the plastic piping. If you look under there with a flashlight while the shower is running, and feel the piping with your fingers, you will find out. (I had a small leak there on mine.) The water ran onto the floor, to the rear of the shower.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #5

Could also be a drain leak
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Our shower appears to be 2 piece, the pan and the surround. May be leaking where they meet.
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Gulf Streamers Club
On my Gulf Stream, I found the Shower Drain Line had broken off the piping under the bathroom Vanity. I took the opportunity to redo the complete bathroom. I replaced the Shower Drain Line with a Hepvo inline Trap Hepvo Waterless Valve, replaced the stand the toilet mounted on and installed new Vinyl Flooring. I repaired the broken line under the Vanity with a Fernco Coupling so the line now has a little give to reduce the strain on the couplings and provided proper support for the line. If I could have got the one piece Tub & Surround combination out of the bathroom proper I would have been able to place the Vinyl all the way across the bathroom floor and cleaned up some more minor problems. I believe Gulf Stream installed the Tub assembly and then built the remainder of the bathroom walls.
GSMC(SW) U.S. Navy (RETIRED) 1967-10-03 to 1993-11-01
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser, Cummins B5.9, Allison MD3060, Toad: 2005 Focus ZXW SES Wagon
Sundancer268 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had that problem after nearly a year of living in the RV. Turned out that the faucet portion wasn't sealed properly and water was getting behind that and running down the backside of the shower.
Cliff Fargason
US Army (ret)
2012 Fleetwood Bounder
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
The leak is only when you use the shower? If so the line leading from the valve to the shower head is only pressured when you have the water running. If you did not drain the water out before winter completely water will sit in this pipe and swell and break the line. So it only leaks when you shower. Remove the access panel behind the shower or you might have to cut the wall. Don't see the pan leaking this bad this fast.
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
we have an 07 hurricane 34n had the same problem,shower has a heating vent below the shower door, i removed vent to get acsess to drain was able to tighten mehanical drain parts by hand this stoped leak.

good luck
rick h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #11
How's the caulking around the seams? Is the door sweep in good shape? Lot easier fixes than drains, faucets, etc. I'd try them first.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
My leak was the door sweep and I replaced it no leaks
david2499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #13

Here on iRV2 do a search on "shower leaks" or "shower drains". This subject has been talked about before and some excellent responses have been posted.
2011 Coachmen SportsCoach
Living Our Dream One Mile at a Time
Steve & Mary Ann (RVM5 & 5A)
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll have to agree with GreggOK80, I thought for sure my leak was surround, not previously winterized well, leaked when the shower was running, not pouring out. I didnt have access on the back wall, the valve come out thru the front and low and behold a hair line crack, not saying thats it but after I resiliconed mine still leaked, Good luck

Mike & Becky
2005 Gulfstream Crescendo 8356
Frutza is offline   Reply With Quote

leaks, shower