Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Shower tee replacement???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2014021511436.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	56175Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_201402152119.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	56176

OK on my phone...how do you replace the tee?? Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

I would suggest you replace the whole unit!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I would suggest you replace the whole unit!
Would if I knew how to take off the black parts without removing wall?? How do you remove the valve fitting with the tee there? Thanks for reply. Having to use park showers this trip!!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #4

For what it is worth my old rig has the kitchen booth backed up to the shower wall. When we pulled out the boot back I found a very easy access hole to the shower valve...

Is the tee cracked? If so maybe this is a low pressure system you might stick supper glue in the crack and put a hose clam around the tee.

If you tried the glue idea I think I would consider also simply use the glue to screw the line back into the tee. Then you might not need the hose camp and not have to tighten up the threads too tight.
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Check to see if there are any nuts inside the mixer's end pieces that hold them to the fittings on the backside of the shower wall. If there isn't any, it looks like those keeper keys on each side of the center manifold might come out. If they will, remove the keeper keys on one side and slide the center manifold into that end of the mixer. Then you should be able to unscrew(counterclockwise)those end pieces from the backside fittings.

Also, it looks like the kit you've shown are the valves that go inside the mixer's end fittings...can't just replace those to fix the problem?

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Check to see if there are any nuts inside the mixer's end pieces that hold them to the fittings on the backside of the shower wall. If there isn't any, it looks like those keeper keys on each side of the center manifold might come out. If they will, remove the keeper keys on one side and slide the center manifold into that end of the mixer. Then you should be able to unscrew(counterclockwise)those end pieces from the backside fittings.

Also, it looks like the kit you've shown are the valves that go inside the mixer's end fittings...can't just replace those to fix the problem?
The female center part of the tee is split. I need to know how to separate the tee from the hot and cold valve pieces. If it ts one piece how do you from remove them from the wall??
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr750nm View Post
The female center part of the tee is split. I need to know how to separate the tee from the hot and cold valve pieces. If it ts one piece how do you from remove them from the wall??
I see the split now. It looks to me that the center 'T' is a separate part from the mixing valve housings. That's why, along with what looks like keyways in those slots, might come out allowing the 'T' fitting to move to one side or the other inside the end fittings. In the pic of the whole assy., is that a set screw on the right valve housing?? If so, might be a clue for disassembly.

If the whole mixer assy. is all one piece, I'd say that their must be a way to separate it from the fittings on the backside of the shower wall. If there is no nut on the inside(where you removed the mixer valves) of the valve housings to hold them to the backside fittings, you may have to gain access to the water line fittings from the back as homeless mentioned. Might check for an access panel to the backside of your shower wall. ??

If you can find out who made the fitting, it would be nice to see a illustrated breakdown on how it is connected. Hope you let us know how it all works out. Looks like an unusual set up, to me.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is not a "T" it is a "Mixer Valve Assembly" and that is what you replace.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
That is not a "T" it is a "Mixer Valve Assembly" and that is what you replace.
OK so will buy one when I get home. How do I get it off the shower wall?? Are the nuts or something inside the panel that have to be undone?? Thinking of hose clamp and epoxy for quick fix.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the help!

Went to Rocky Mountain RV and bought a $19.95 mixer valve assembly. You have to just replace the whole unit, just like a sink in the house faucet. Hardest part will be getting to the fittings inside the pantry. Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr750nm View Post
Went to Rocky Mountain RV and bought a $19.95 mixer valve assembly. You have to just replace the whole unit, just like a sink in the house faucet. Hardest part will be getting to the fittings inside the pantry. Thanks again.
The trick is finding the access to the back of the shower. My shower is a corner unit so the faucet is at a 45 degree angle to the outside wall. My access point was a gap left inside the kitchen cabinet after the slide was extended (kitchen in slide and on other side of shower). There is usually a way to reach the back but it isn't always obvious. It is sometimes necessary to work "one handed" ... you can't get both arms in the opening.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Shower Mixer Valve Replacement!

Thanks for all the inputs. Wish I just had a spare with me. It took all of 10 minutes to get the box off in the cabinet behind the shower and swap mixers. I guess I should have maybe replaced it with a regular bathroom faucet, as the new plastic ones seem cheap.

Tags
replace, replacement, shower