Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by picantedj
Don't know i this helps, but we replaced our shower head some time back with a unit available on-line or at Camping World. Will try to add pix. It has helped tremendously especially in lower pressure situations. Depending whether it's on sale or not...$29-39.
Looks like an Oxygenics to me. Best shower head there is. Designed to use less water and add air to mix which provides much better pressure and flow "perception". I say perception because the flow is actually less and that shows up in noticeably slower filling of gray tank while providing the best shower I think you can get from any actual water pressure you run into. After an adjustable, gauged water pressure regulator like the Watts or high end Valterra, the best thing you can do for your plumbing.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
We had the same problem with low shower pressure with our rig. Filled half of the shower holes with expoxy, and we now have enough pressure to peel your hide off!
X2! Not sure this will work with the new/fancy shower heads but worked great on my old/cheapie.

JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Looks like an Oxygenics to me. Best shower head there is. Designed to use less water and add air to mix which provides much better pressure and flow "perception". I say perception because the flow is actually less and that shows up in noticeably slower filling of gray tank while providing the best shower I think you can get from any actual water pressure you run into. After an adjustable, gauged water pressure regulator like the Watts or high end Valterra, the best thing you can do for your plumbing.
A salesman at camping world talked me into buying one of these told me if did not like it he would refund my money. It worked so well I bought another one for my shower in my stick house
Old 11-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #32

I too am a very happy Oxygenics shower head owner. It made a tremendous difference in shower feeling/pressure and it is rated at less GPM than the head I took off. I got a fair deal at Amazon.
Amazon.com: Oxygenics
gruelens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #33

PicantedJ......It looks like you have the same setup as I do....water coming in at the spigot/faucet below....going up thru the hose which just "hangs" on the hook above. I want to order an Oxygenics exactly like that that just attaches to my existing hose. After reading all these posts I'm confused about the various models. I've seen an "X5" , and a couple of other "X"s/ Which one do you have and do you know the various differences in the models which mount exactly like yours and mine? Thanks to you and anyone others who chime in!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #34

I felt we were a little low in shower pressure so bought one of those on sale at CW Body Spa RV Shower Kit - White - Oxygenics 26781 - Shower - Camping World and I felt it was much better. I also like the convenient off/on button so when boondocking and need to be careful in water use then botton is an excellent asset. This shower head claims to be of oxygenic style. Nevertheless, I like it and it certainly was not a large investment.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #35

Country Coach Owners Club
shower flow

If you have not already checked the flex hose for restrictors make sure there is not one where the hose hooks to the shower wall. We had one and now no problem.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #36

Make sure you're using the correct water filters.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In your troubleshooting, do not confuse pressure with flow rate. If your kitchen and bath sinks run fine, then you'll have the same pressure at the shower. If your filter cartridges were clogging things, they would have the same effect at the sink as the shower. Your problem is flow at the shower head, and there are many more things that can reduce flow than pressure-- even a small kink in the flexible line, or a restrictor in the head mount.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #38

Rvjimzhr, been a while since I installed it (7yrs). I just picked it up @ Camping World and didn't pay attention to the model. It just looked like it would match up. Most of the shower heads have a standard size inlet. Should connect to a hose or a wall mount. Mine cost around $35 or so. Probably found it on sale. Best design we've seen in eleven yrs on the road.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Our shower head hose connection doesn't look like yours but that is where I found our problem. Inside the hose connection on the wall there was a piece of very flexible plastic with a small hole in it. It was wadded up and very baffling. I looked around quite a bit in there and found a small hole in the wall connection. I straightened out the round plastic and matched it to the hole in the connection and have had much better pressure since then. It's my guess that it is the restrictor that the govt says we need to use. Since it worked ok after I got it all aligned I guess I will leave well enough alone. I do use a real pressure regulator on the outside connection which is set to 45psi.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
I friends, is there any way to increase the water pressure on the RV shower. I changed the shower head but did not work.

I removed the restrictor plug in the shore head, helped a little.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #41

I too hated the water pressure in my shower. We have a class A diesel pusher. And the water is awesome out all the faucets but the shower sucked.
I did some research and YOU MUST BUY THIS SHOWER HEAD! It's amazing!
Oxygenics spa and body rv shower head. Camping world sells them.
Super simple install and has cut off button so during shower u can soap up.
Took me maybe 5-6 minutes to install.
The water pressure is better then my home shower head. This thing is amazing. The only down side is I now take longer showers because it just feels so good like a massage of hot water hitting me.
I think mine cost $36 but we did not get the chrome one which was a bit more.

Got to camping world today or look them up I'm amazon and get one before u replace the water pump. Really I can say enough about this shower head.

Sam
Old 11-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
I took out the black plastic fitting between the supply line and the fitting at the gooseneck of the incoming line. That is a flow restrictor or it can get plug from time to time.