Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #43

Remove the head from the hose, and then remove the water saver from the neck of the head. You will instantly get more psi. Now you will have another problem. You will prolly run out of hot water before the shower is over.
The fix for that is of course installing a shower head with a cut off on it. IF you do. Remove the water saver from it as well. You will have plenty of pressure. But will prolly need to do the Navy shower thing. Where you get wet. Shut off the valve, soap up, and then rinse off. Repeat. Hot water lasts a lot longer that way.

Terry and Shay, Lazy Campers
terryallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #44

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Flow and pressure - filters - hoses - regulators - etc. This is a great place to start.
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/ABPressure.htm

Once you get flow and pressure where you want it - go get an Oxygenic's shower head and make the shower better than you ever thought possible.

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #45

Shower Water Pressure

I just got the Oxygenics Water Spa 26781 depicted by Picantedj (except mine is white).

First thing I did was detach the hose at the low faucet so that I could use the new hose which came with the new shower head. I found that the receptacle on the faucet was much smaller diameter and would not accept the new hose. Also, the water opening in the faucet is small, about 3/16". However this is the same size as the opening in both the new hose as well as the old hose. I don't see where I can remove anything to enlarge the path thru which the water will travel so it seems I am stuck with the same pressure.

So I just put the new faucet on the old hose and tested it. I don't think I have "new" pressure, just a different spray pattern and I'm not particularly impressed. Maybe my old shower head was better than I thought.

In a nutshell it appears that to get better pressure in my setup I'd have to enlarge the hole in the low faucet (or change out the fixture with a larger path), get another hose AND shower head with larger path for the water. Or I can be satisfied that I tried and be done with it.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimzhr View Post
I just got the Oxygenics Water Spa 26781 depicted by Picantedj (except mine is white). First thing I did was detach the hose at the low faucet so that I could use the new hose which came with the new shower head. I found that the receptacle on the faucet was much smaller diameter and would not accept the new hose. Also, the water opening in the faucet is small, about 3/16". However this is the same size as the opening in both the new hose as well as the old hose. I don't see where I can remove anything to enlarge the path thru which the water will travel so it seems I am stuck with the same pressure. So I just put the new faucet on the old hose and tested it. I don't think I have "new" pressure, just a different spray pattern and I'm not particularly impressed. Maybe my old shower head was better than I thought. In a nutshell it appears that to get better pressure in my setup I'd have to enlarge the hole in the low faucet (or change out the fixture with a larger path), get another hose AND shower head with larger path for the water. Or I can be satisfied that I tried and be done with it. Any thoughts?
I full agree with your statements and share your experience....using the new showerhead (oxygenics) did not change any pressure but just the pattern. I returned mine and using another showerhead which gives the same pressure as the original showerhead.
I am giving up on this effort.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #47

Unfortunately I tossed all the packing materials so I guess I can't ship it back so I own it. Was hoping someone would point out a solution I had missed but, as they say, "Oh well......"
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimzhr
Unfortunately I tossed all the packing materials so I guess I can't ship it back so I own it. Was hoping someone would point out a solution I had missed but, as they say, "Oh well......"
I can't see your RV profile on my iPhone - there may be one there but I can't see it. Have not heard of the fitting size issue before. So can't help.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #49

Any new ideas? I have tried all but still no pressure. Should I give up ont his?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
My impressions:

The pressure at your sinks and shower should be the same. What can differ is the flow. Maybe the line to the shower is smaller or have some sort of flow restricter in it. Maybe the shower head has too many holes in it which would reduce what appears to be pressure but is actually spreading the flow over a larger area. Your shower is probably the furthest from the water source, which again could change flow based on pipe size and fittings? There are plenty of people that seem to resign themselves to not compare Rv shower with home shower at all myself included. Have you called the manufacturer of the rig to ask them if there is anything you can do?

Probably the only way to improve it if none of the previous suggestions helped is to increase the size of the pipe from the source to the shower and keep fittings to a minimum. A costly fix.
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #51

I know you have tried a lot of cures with no improvement. But is it possible the hose from the vacuum breaker to the shower head has issues. I've seen this in other hoses when they get some age on them pieces will come loose inside and partially block flow. You might try removing the hose at the breaker and check pressure at that point. Just a thought.
Good luck