Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Very interesting read, however I don't care where they put the door if they would just give me "curb side or awning side dining" instead of having to look at the neighbors campsite with the sun in my face, and my wife could hand me a brew through the window while I sit under my awning. Why is that simple request so hard for the mfgrs. to understand, especially if you have a slide? I guess they have never actually camped in a MH.

A lot of the Monaco Knight's and Diplomat's do thave the dinette on the curb side
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
Well I just have to add my 2cents to the last responder. I too have a 34' with s side entry and bought specifically for the space behind the pass door- had a small sofa there. It's an 06 Damon Daybreak and while that floorplan isn't out now they do custom plans if you so desire.
I show dogs and needed the space behind the seat for 6 crates and took out that sofa, still have larger one on other side.
The convience of being able to put groceries and supplies in and out, not to mention the dogs far surpasses ever owning a front entry. The awning over the door provides coverage from sun on hot days or rain while loading and unloading is great.
I am continually disappointed at floor plans as I look at newer and larger models - who doesn't - all the time. Guess I'll just keep mine for a few more years. :-))
understood as u have special needs.How many Rvers crate around 6-10 dogs in crates? like .005% of the motorhome world?
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
understood as u have special needs.How many Rvers crate around 6-10 dogs in crates? like .005% of the motorhome world?
How is it possible to turn someones opinion of RV layout into an argument some like mid door entry some like front door.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #74

Damon Owners Club
Well in response to that comment! First of all you would me amazed how any RV's have dogs. BUT my comment was related to the convience issue of loading and that's the space is there for a recliner, table or other items in that area as someone was wanting to do.
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #75

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350

How is it possible to turn someones opinion of RV layout into an argument some like mid door entry some like front door.
X2 and I thought everyone loved bacon but can't draw a response no matter how many times I mentioned bacon.

Opinions are like.... Express yours and some .... will tell ya why your wrong.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
X2 and I thought everyone loved bacon but can't draw a response no matter how many times I mentioned bacon.

Opinions are like.... Express yours and some .... will tell ya why your wrong.
BTW, I love bacon
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
Well in response to that comment! First of all you would me amazed how any RV's have dogs. BUT my comment was related to the convience issue of loading and that's the space is there for a recliner, table or other items in that area as someone was wanting to do.
yes of course I understand Rvers have dogs etc as I have a cat and a dog
that has nothing to do with what were discussing.U indicated that a side door was your best option because u have 6 dogs in crates and I was agreeing that
of course was the best system for you.All I said was your not of the norm
in other words theres not like thousands of A owners needing to crate 6 animals in the motorhome they live in.
as we say to each their own.I like the front 30 inch door system on my AB
and u like the side door.
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Old 11-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacrc46 View Post

The numbers I have seen show that the Class A Motorhome market is split almost evenly between gas and diesel units. Virtually all the gas units are side entry. Additionally, some diesel units are side entry. Suggesting that 50% + of the market are niche players would be quite a stretch.

As we were looking at the different Motorhomes we really liked the side entry. Both my wife and I much prefer this layout and it would definitely factor into our purchasing decision.
I think I was responding to the op whose question was why DP 's had mostly front doors not side I realize most mh are gas and side door ... Now that you mention it those with gassers are prob used to the side door and that's why they don't see the use in a front one ;-)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #80

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Very interesting read, however I don't care where they put the door if they would just give me "curb side or awning side dining" instead of having to look at the neighbors campsite with the sun in my face, and my wife could hand me a brew through the window while I sit under my awning. Why is that simple request so hard for the mfgrs. to understand, especially if you have a slide? I guess they have never actually camped in a MH.
You read my mind! And the flip side of that is why put the kitchen on the curb side? They ususally only have a tiny window anyway, so THAT should be on the DS!

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #81

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anywhere someone mentioning that gassers have the doghouse. A front entry would be very limiting on the access due to doghouse. I'm guessing most FREDs have mid entries as well. That is probably the main reason gassers have mid entries.

I personally would prefer a mid entry on my dp as it usually lays out best with the campspot picnic table. But I also like my large passenger side slide out. There is no way I could get a mid entry door without having a smaller slide out. Just like any space plan for a room, it gives you the most usable wall space if you push the door closer to the end. That's why most room doors in a house are on one side of the room.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #82

I love my side entry. I do not like a front enty due to walking around seat and not having a covered entrance. I can't understand why some people think they know what's best for everybody thou.
Kelowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #83

I looked at a lot of front door models when I was upgrading from my gas to my diesel. To be honest with you, I intentionally looked at Safaris and Holiday Ramblers since they had side doors. I felt that turning beyond 90 degrees to talk to a passenger was both uncomfortable and unsafe. Since the engine is in the back, you can actually have a conversation without yelling in my new coach. Another reason is that I like to put my cat's letter box in front of the passenger seat, so a front entry kind of kills that. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal choice. I am of the mindset that losing a few inches of mid cabin wall space really is not that big of a deal, particularly since we spend most of our time outside anyway. Then again, we are not full-timers, so that probably factors in to our preference.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Another reason is that I like to put my cat's letter box in front of the passenger seat, so a front entry kind of kills that
When we had a cat the litter box was placed in front of the drivers seat with the seat turned around to face the living space.

I think some here would be happier with a city bus which has both front and mid doors

Tags
door