Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
When we had a cat the litter box was placed in front of the drivers seat with the seat turned around to face the living space.

I think some here would be happier with a city bus which has both front and mid doors
Now that you mention it, I have often thought that having two doors would be great, especially in case of fire. I would do better not having to exit through a window!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #86

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Now that you mention it, I have often thought that having two doors would be great, especially in case of fire. I would do better not having to exit through a window!!
I would do better than getting stuck trying to exit through a window. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

I would do better than getting stuck trying to exit through a window. LOL
And in most cases it's a long way down. Note to self: add rope ladder to carry items. Store Inside near escape hatch. Not outside. Doh.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For those who have not yet seen the Lucille Ball movie The Long Long Trailer it is available from Netflix. Check out the bedroom door.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #89

Monaco Owners Club
And on the movie RV when filming Robin Williams from behind while driving there is no livingroom slide. Then it appears when he is showing his family how it works.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #90

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
And on the movie RV when filming Robin Williams from behind while driving there is no livingroom slide. Then it appears when he is showing his family how it works.
Didn't catch that one, I'll have to watch it again.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #91

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucenut View Post
We looked at the new 2012 Palazzo which has a mid entry door before we bought our current coach. The Palazzo has a tremendous waste of space in it forward of the mid entry door. There isn't enough space for a chair or anything so they left it empty. The passenger captains chair is pretty much the only thing forward of the entry door on the passenger side of the coach. So in my opinion I prefer front door. Much less waste of space in most all coaches.
Our 2013 Palazzo has a recliner behing the passenger seat. Works great and I love the mid entry door.
To each is own!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #92

If we didn't have the two Cairn terriers that use the living room floor space to run around like crazy, we would have considered a side entry less of a drawback -- but from experience with our gas motorhome, the stepwell in the middle always seems to exert this gravitational pull on balls, dog toys, etc., which sucks them down to the bottom step. I don't understand all the physics of it but I can assure you it's true -- especially if someone is outside and about to open the door with an armload of stuff!

Also, for us, the front entry is nice because we use the passenger seat to keep doggie harnesses/leashes and a place to sit without actually "entering" the nicer part of the coach to take wet/sandy shoes off.

Steve
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #93

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
If we didn't have the two Cairn terriers that use the living room floor space to run around like crazy, we would have considered a side entry less of a drawback -- but from experience with our gas motorhome, the stepwell in the middle always seems to exert this gravitational pull on balls, dog toys, etc., which sucks them down to the bottom step. I don't understand all the physics of it but I can assure you it's true -- especially if someone is outside and about to open the door with an armload of stuff!...

ABSOLUTELY! Like a mini black hole.

Our GSDs are a bit bigger than your pups so working them around the front seat might also present its own unique challenges but you did discover a new, unknown law of physics.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #94

I chose side entry because it was my druther. Some druther have the other. Cool!
I can seat 9 in my 33 foot. Big nuff for a party, but we dont party. We spend most time outside cuz that is why we are here. We move when we need new outdoor wallpaper.
Storage space? I have extra. Did not bring the house along. Fulltimimg, but what we aint got we dont need.
We each have our own druthers, and the available choices make anything possible.
Have fun out there folks!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #95

Freightliner Owners Club
Me and wife love our 04 Alfa Leisure 38' DP front entry Tv flat screen not in way and front seat perfectly fine for my wife when moving moves forward so lines up with drivers seat as far as room behind seat there's a recliner we move to have our grandsons baby crib when my daughter comes with us. Has big windows for kitchen and living room that's no problem sometimes DW does have troubles at steps they are steep getting up but she still loves it .Its our baby she says that not me ,whatever makes her happy but we do both love it -my buddy has a Trade Winds with side door entry , let me 1st say it is very comfortable nice rig also ,with a 330 cat to but for us was like crawling in a cubby hole for passenger seat in there model anyways and we do have higher ceilings but when looking ,we based what we were looking for off of there rig .I liked cat the motor and Allison transmission ,she liked the high ceilings and front door ,big windows in living room .I'm 6ft high stretched out in chair still have 1ft front and 1ft behind the recliner it is a RV so. Like wife says that's why there's 31flavors different tastes for everyone ,as long as we're all happy right. Be safe everyone.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #96

Monaco Owners Club
DWs chair is set back a bit so that she can backseat drive.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #97

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
DWs chair is set back a bit so that she can backseat drive.
Now thats funny.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #98

Fleetwood Owners Club
I suppose if I could afford a Newell you could put the door on the roof. I
don't think I'd care.. Point being , in my price point of purchase there was not much choice , sooo front door it is

Tags
door