Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #99

side door

We have a side door on our Beaver Contessa. We like it because when we go in we are on the tile floor. Then we can go to the bathroom, and back to the kitchen for a snack, and go back outside without going on any carpets. also easier with the dogs.........
LJ2654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #100

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ2654
We have a side door on our Beaver Contessa. We like it because when we go in we are on the tile floor. Then we can go to the bathroom, and back to the kitchen for a snack, and go back outside without going on any carpets. also easier with the dogs.........
Do I see a new opinion thread opening here - Some Carpet - All Carpet - No Carpet - which is better?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #101

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Do I see a new opinion thread opening here - Some Carpet - All Carpet - No Carpet - which is better?
Hush Steve! You thread destroyer!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

Hush Steve! You thread destroyer!
No no no - a new thread opening - as in opportunity for all new thread - not literally here but here - as opposed to some other site.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #103

I'm in the "mid-coach is the way to go" camp, and as we are shopping and this is a "deal breaker" for us, it strikes me as odd that none of the used rv sites have a "sort" function for this feature. Can it be that too few people really care about this? Some of the fairly heated discussion here would seem to indicate otherwise!
ROADOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #104

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADOG
I'm in the "mid-coach is the way to go" camp, and as we are shopping and this is a "deal breaker" for us, it strikes me as odd that none of the used rv sites have a "sort" function for this feature. Can it be that too few people really care about this? Some of the fairly heated discussion here would seem to indicate otherwise!
Pretty much if you go gas you're mid coach or there abouts - rears diesel your front door. Some variation I guess but not a lot. Thanks for reviving the thread. Perhaps a new group will pick up where it left off. Lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #105

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never seen an rv with the door in the front. Every one has been somewhere on the side.
I think it would be very difficult to design without interfearing with the windshield.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #106
Yaj

Quote:
X2 and I thought everyone loved bacon but can't draw a response no matter how many times I mentioned bacon.

Opinions are like.... Express yours and some .... will tell ya why your wrong.
I like butter!

Quote:
I like popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
I have never seen an rv with the door in the front. Every one has been somewhere on the side.
I think it would be very difficult to design without interfearing with the windshield.
I like BUTTERED POPCORN, now add a little (lot) of BACON and you got something

Fort Myers, FL
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #107

Quote:
Pretty much if you go gas you're mid coach or there abouts - rears diesel your front door. Some variation I guess but not a lot. Thanks for reviving the thread. Perhaps a new group will pick up where it left off. Lol.
I guess I should have stated that our first requirement was diesel pusher (IMO heavy load=diesel engine). The original poster started out asking why DPs seemed to be so heavily front door. I personally blame it on "designers" who seem able to dictate what everyone is supposed to "just have to have" (how many of you remember harvest gold and avacado green appliances?) About the time that front doors started to take over the market, all the biggest fanciest (nicest?) coaches were bus conversions which, as they started life as buses, had front doors. Soooo.... if you were trying to sell high end DPs it "just had to have" a front door. To attempt to quote a previous poster without searching back through a hundred posts "front door says diesel pusher" and this equates with high end quality. For a passenger bus, the front door makes sense as there is typically the need for interaction between driver and arriving passenger; tickets, fare, destination, etc. In a recreation coach, I feel it is not the best arrangement for all the reasons which have been previously discussed.
As to DPs being front door period, thankfully that is not the case, and I feel particularly sorry for the folks who were sold the "that's the way it is" bill of goods. They were the norm back in the late eighties, and a few manufacturers continued to offer at least some models for some time. Safari and Holiday Rambler have already been mentioned, and I find it interesting that at least one of the "real bus" companies, Newell, was secure enough in their "busness" to continue making almost exclusively mid coach entries. Beaver even made a double entry for a few years.
I'm not really up on the latest new coaches as I don't wish to suffer new coach depreciation nor does the whole urea in the fuel bit sound good to me, but it does seem to me that a few more mid door coaches are being made again recently. I've even seen a few with the door between the slides on a four slide coach.
ROADOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound
Hahahahahahahaha. Hohohohobohoboho. Lol.
I've not seen a door in the middle come to think of it. I think I saw a movie once where Mel Gibson exited a trailer through a hatch / door in the middle of the floor. But generally the doors are in the side - front middle or rear. Oh brother - tears in my eyes. Lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #109

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj View Post
I like butter!

I like popcorn!

I like BUTTERED POPCORN, now add a little (lot) of BACON and you got something
Buttered popcorn and bacon, Meat, dairy and veggies.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #110

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mllk3rd View Post
BTW, I love bacon
It was entertaining to read this But now its personal - someone mentioned bacon. I love bacon - that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
Old 02-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #111
Yaj

Sorry for highjacking the thread! I like our middle side entrance best!
This thread is going the way of "real" bacon vs turkey bacon, front side entrance vs middle side entrance. Not the same as apples vs oranges!

And real bacon is the only way to go, just like a middle side entrance!

Fort Myers, FL
Yaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #112

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Front entry I like because it gives you the feel of piloting a highway coach like a Prevost, etc. The thing I don't care for is the door is not under the large awning. That's the only nice thing I like about a mid-side door.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door