Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Side Rail Repairs

Good morning everyone I hope that you are having great day!

I've searched out forum with no luck so here's my question.

On our Holiday Rambler Endeavor, I have noticed that the trim rail (hope that's the right name) on the outside of our coach near the door is loose. Upon further inspection, the screws have pulled out of the side of the laminate (no large scale laminate issue though).

I was thinking of removing the rail, filling in the old screw holes, redrilling them and than mounting the trim rail again. What do you suggest that I fill the old screw holes with so that I can reattach the rails with screws?

You tips and suggestions are greatly welcomed!

2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
330 HP Cummins ISC
2007 Dodge Ram 4 X 4 (Hemi)
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
I've found a few loose screws on my endeavor trim, but the hole was not enlarged. The screw was rusting away. The manufacturer did not use stainless steel screws and eventually they rust.

If the hole is enlarged, you can try gluing a small wooden peg in the hole. After the glue dries, drill and insert a new screw.

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
Tiffin Owners Club
Toothpicks are a good choice for the wooden peg - worked on my former coach and still holding firm.
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys...these are great ideas. What type of glue did you use that still stick to gelcoat/figerglass?

I'm going to remove the rail this weekend, remove the old screws and buy some stainless steel replacements. I was thinking about using gorilla glue in the old holes to get the toothpicks/wooden dowels to stick.
2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
330 HP Cummins ISC
2007 Dodge Ram 4 X 4 (Hemi)
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
On a similar note, I've noticed a piece of painted trim that has popped loose on my livingroom slide. It's toward the center, and obviously a screw underneath has rusted or pulled out. You can push on it, and it'll go back in, but it'll then just come back out. I've been throwing around the idea of pushing some glue under it to hold it back down, and re-caulk but not sure what should be used. Any ideas??
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, repairs