Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 07:00 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionofjuda View Post
Update: They will not do it my way! So I walked! They told me someone has to own the RV before the manufacturer will do warranty work??? So I just want to Beckleys in MD and put a down Payment on a leftover 2015 Canyon Star 3914. These people from RVONE are NUTS! They told me also to just sign and at the day of inspection if I'm not happy with the unit they will just cancel the sale????? YEAH Right!!! After I sign a legal bank document stating I will pay for it????? I dont think so!!

Anyone going to RVONE for their RV......Dont!! They may have good prices but not worth it in the end!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did a fabulous job and it sounds like you are getting a great coach! Happy RVing ... it's a fun lifestyle!!!

Kay & Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by austx View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did a fabulous job and it sounds like you are getting a great coach! Happy RVing ... it's a fun lifestyle!!!

Kay & Richard
Thanks Kay and Richard!!

Old 04-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Normal policy is to sign prior to an inspection...but the same day, not two weeks early.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
It is the dealer's coach. They should prepare it for sale in perfect working condition, not wait until after the sale.

Warranty problems are between the dealer and the manufacturer, unless of course if the dealer is also the manufacturer.

You did the right thing to walk from that dealer.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow - my opinion and in my experience you got a great coach. And you absolutely did the right thing. When I was making the deal on my current unit (it was my 3rd RV purchase) I told the dealer upfront - I will not sign the final paperwork and give you a check until the coach is ready. They agreed. On delivery day, I wouldn't sign the check for them until the coach was done with all the installs and items on the PDI were completed. At first, the owner wasn't happy but I reminded him of our agreement. They had a $1000 non-refundable deposit so they weren't gonna be out anything and I wasn't going make a long drive back.

The funny thing - in the end the service department is great.

So - yep - you did the right thing and as I say - you got a great coach. Enjoy.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Update: They will not do it my way! So I walked! They told me someone has to own the RV before the manufacturer will do warranty work??? So I just want to Beckleys in MD and put a down Payment on a leftover 2015 Canyon Star 3914. These people from RVONE are NUTS! They told me also to just sign and at the day of inspection if I'm not happy with the unit they will just cancel the sale????? YEAH Right!!! After I sign a legal bank document stating I will pay for it????? I dont think so!!

Anyone going to RVONE for their RV......Dont!! They may have good prices but not worth it in the end!!!

I have bought a coach from each of these dealers. Has Beckley's committed to completing your PDI and finishing any warranty related work you might find during the PDI prior to your final closing?

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
I have bought a coach from each of these dealers. Has Beckley's committed to completing your PDI and finishing any warranty related work you might find during the PDI prior to your final closing?

Mike
Yes they have MJFZ. And our sales guy (Tim) is someone I trust. They will not ask us to sign until we are completely satisfied. They even gave us a washer and drier installed free after we reached our selling price. (Its is a leftover so we get it at a GREAT price!)
Old 04-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #22

Congratulations, you did the right thing, and if you've found a dealer to work with better yet.

Good luck with your Canyon Star.

Happy Trails!!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:12 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I bought from their Orlando dealer. They tried the same with me. I got up and walked out. They called me back. They have an acknowledgment form that they have you sign. This form says what they will check and fix on a motor home that you buy based on the age of the MH. I was buying a ten year old unit. I told them if they wanted to sell to me they would have to fix everything as noted on their form for a 0-3 year old unit. They did and they held up their side of the bargain. Point is that the dealer has to be motivated to sell also. This time they were. They bought it "right" and I bought it "right"! We were both happy. But I literally got up to walk out 4 times before they met my demands. There is no doubt that they screwed some poor slob that just wanted to get rid of it for some reason. They made money off of me and I left happy. Thats what is supposed to happen. I applaud you for sticking to your guns and walking. You are happy and that is what counts.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #24

Congrats, you did the right thing. They don't have to do the "warranty" work after you buy the MH, that is what the PDI is for. It should be delivered to you in working order not needing any repairs. Warranty work is something that breaks or needs adjustments after you take delivery and actually use the MH. What the unethical dealers do is make you sign all the paperwork, and then do the repairs after the sale calling it "warranty" work and the service department makes more money. The dealership usually gets a flat fee from the manufacturer for a PDI. Good luck with the one you bought you will enjoy the purchasing experience much more when buying from someone you trust.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yes they have MJFZ. And our sales guy (Tim) is someone I trust. They will not ask us to sign until we are completely satisfied. They even gave us a washer and drier installed free after we reached our selling price. (Its is a leftover so we get it at a GREAT price!)
That's wonderful and the way it should be. A few weeks back, I took a friend up to Beckley's to look at a Bay Star Sport. We toured what I believe is the Canyon Star your buying ( to make sure he didn't want to "step-up"). Your new coach is beautiful!! When you pick it up, post pictures over on the Newmar Owners group. Welcome to the Newmar owner's family.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #26

Appears to be a shyster dealership.

ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote