Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sign before final inspection..RVONE Buffalo??

Hi everyone! I need some advice. Has anyone dealt with RVONE Buffalo? They are asking me to sign papers before final inspection that will be almost or more then two weeks ahead of time. I dont feel comfortable with this. Has anyone dealt with these people before and had any problems? There are some things wrong with the coach (2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3914) that do need fixed before I will take delivery. I just worked so hard to get the best deal I dont want to just back out now. We also need this coach to get moving ...wife is going into traveling Nursing.
Thanks for any help!
Dave
lionofjuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wouldn't no matter what they say. Once you sign you don't have much leverage to get stuff fixed!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:18 PM   #3

From what I've read most dealers won't fix problems until the rig has been sold. Pretty damn stupid. I'd at least demand a PDI on big things before buying it. If they say no, keep looking...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:56 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
NO WAY ... When we bought our new MH in January 2015 from Camping World, we did our final inspection and the instructional tour with a staff member the same day we signed the papers. I took pictures and videos of the tour plus of the things needing fixed. The CW guy also wrote down the things that needed fixed on his walk through sheet. We spoke to our sales manager regarding the things that needed to be repaired and got it in writing. Then and ONLY then did we sit down to sign the papers. They had to order parts so we brought it back for the two items to be repaired. They won't fix anything until you buy it so CVA ... Get it in writing what they will repair at no cost to you. Remember you have the check book so you have the leverage and the power ... Don't give it away. You may have worked hard to get s good deal but it's not a good deal if you buy it and have to do the repairs yourself. There will be other good deals and you may not have to work so hard. If they won't do it YOUR way, walk out and find someone who will as there are plenty who will.

Google 2016 Newmar Canyon Star 3914 and find other dealers who have the same coach. That's what we did, located one 2 hours away and negotiated a great deal over the phone before we even saw it. I never negotiate face-to-face; prefer email and by phone second. If push comes to shove you could always rent an RV til you find another.

FYI ... You do a Final Inspection the day you sign the papers and take ownership!!! Never before! Just like buying a house ... do a final walk through before closing. Never sign papers before a final inspection because a lot can happen to the MH in two weeks, a week or a day and YOU OWN IT!!! I just read about that happening to someone.
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #5

That doesn't sound right from a Newmar dealer, or any dealer for that matter. When we got ours they did the PDI and then we found a couple things we wanted done before taking possession. One thing they had to order, but all other work was done prior to us seeing the MH again. We didn't sign anything or exchange any money until after the walk thru was done and they showed us that everything was working, and how to operate it, and we were satisfied with how it was delivered. Stand your ground and don't worry about losing a great deal, I doubt they won't do it your way and if they don't there's a lot of other places to buy one. Good Luck.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:28 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would sign as long as they signed a paper from me saying that items found on the PDI would be fixed within a reasonable time period and that is the condition of sale.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:58 AM   #7

Maybe you could work out a compromise. The dealer doesn't want to get stuck if you walk away, and you want to be sure things will be fixed. Maybe they would accept a deposit for approx. what the repairs would cost. That way yours & their concerns would be met. But I don't understand why the dealer is trying to sell an RV with known problems in the first place.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:28 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just completed my PDI on our unit yesterday, and the dealer insisted on me being happy, and all issues being looked at and ordered, or resolved, and a final test drive done, before we signed anything!
Think Twice, there are many dealers out there !!!!
Good luck!
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:57 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
OK thanks guys for the input.
What is happening is I went and saw the unit with a friend and saw things that were wrong with the unit. I left a deposit. Two weeks later I want back with the wife to see the unit and to put in for financing. At that point they did not do anything to make repairs. They said, I must complete the sale first before they order anything to fix unit. I said, I will not sign anything until I do final inspection. We went home and next day lady calls and said we got financed and she is sending papers for us to sign. I said, I want the repairs done. They said, they will put it in writing that they will be repaired. So if I get it in writing is this acceptable??
Thanks!
Dave
Old 04-01-2016, 04:58 AM   #10

I don't have a motorhome, but did just buy a new toy hauler. My dealer spent 2 days before I came in doing a pre-PDI inspection. I talked to the tech doing it and toured my unit. If they found something, they fixed it up front. The PDI went great, no problems found, signed our papers and off we went. Left the next day for a 600 mile trip with full confidence which was rewarded with ZERO problems. Love my dealer, Liberty RV in Liberty, MO. They do it right. BONUS: they're 2 miles from my house! Good luck on your decision.
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:01 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionofjuda View Post
Hi everyone! I need some advice. Has anyone dealt with RVONE Buffalo? They are asking me to sign papers before final inspection that will be almost or more then two weeks ahead of time.
Dave
We bought ours from the RVOne operation down here: "Tampa RV". Did all the signing the same day we did our walk through and took possession. Found several obvious issues with the coach, so a thorough "PDI" was not done. Getting the problems resolved with this dealership was another long story. At any rate, I wouldn't sign two weeks (or more?) before delivery.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:17 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
If they won't fix it until you sign, when will they fix it? The next day? The next week? The next month? Once they have your money, you are at their mercy. When we purchased at Lazydays, we lived in the coach on their lot for several days before we paid anything more than our deposit. During that time they did a comprehensive oriention and were repairing discrepancies. All this was happening before we signed (they had a $1000 deposit that we had made when we ordered the coach months earlier.)
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:48 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
WOW, Thanks guys!! I wonder what they are trying to pull on me? I know this is not right but wanted to make sure because I never bought a motor home before.
Dave
Old 04-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Update: They will not do it my way! So I walked! They told me someone has to own the RV before the manufacturer will do warranty work??? So I just want to Beckleys in MD and put a down Payment on a leftover 2015 Canyon Star 3914. These people from RVONE are NUTS! They told me also to just sign and at the day of inspection if I'm not happy with the unit they will just cancel the sale????? YEAH Right!!! After I sign a legal bank document stating I will pay for it????? I dont think so!!

Anyone going to RVONE for their RV......Dont!! They may have good prices but not worth it in the end!!!