Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Silverleaf Guidance

Been using my Silverleaf for a few days now and curious about the settings. I see that everything is adjustable, but not sure what I should adjust. Right now have everything at factory default values.

Always get worried when I hit RED. Always seem to hit Red on Turbo Boost, so what do y'all have your boost set to? Hit Red a lot on Intake Manifold Temp, what do y'all have this set to? Odometer is always yellow, any ideas here?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

During your initial set up, there should have been a screen asking you for the details on your engine. It's my understanding, that it then applies the limits supplied by the engine manufacturer.

It's been a while since I set mine up but I think that's how I remember it.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I don't have any of that, I'm a tablet user. I just plugged it in and hit sync, done.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #4

My 2004 ACERT 525hp CAT C13 develops over 40lbs of boost. The turbo boost setting limits the boost to 32psi. The setting I have to use is the "Turbo Boost Pressure- Extended" which allows the boost to reach 60psi. If you click on Advanced and then Parameter Editor you can see what the settings are and I believe you can change them.
Steve
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #5

Yes...you can change the settings to suit your needs.

Before you change anything, you must load the correct engine file for your rig. Many of the numbers will not mean anything until they are "synced" with the correct engine file. The engine files are part of the Silverleaf download.

Rich & Linda
Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Rich, had no idea I needed to upload anything, Doh! This makes total sense now why my readings may be high, low or normal as they are generic at this point.

Did some reading in the VMSPC forum and have a little better understanding of some of the temps.

I don't have the Silverleaf upload cable with me on my trip, so will look to source one ASAP. Feel dumb now for leaving the box with everything at home.

Just wish I knew what the upper end numbers were, the readings being sent to tablet are correct, if I knew the upper limits I would worry less. Have come to understand that Intake Manifold Temp can be as high as 75 deg over ambient air temp, but still not sure what upper end of boost psi is.

We are going to hit Sierra Nevada's tomorrow, and those grades are nasty, don't want to smoke anything along the way.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #7

Everything you need should already be in your computer. Click on the "advanced" tab and then "engine type" and click on your engine combination. That should load the parameters you need.
Steve
Old 06-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am not using a computer, am using a tablet. There is no advanced tab, etc. Only thing can do is manually adjust the high, med, an low settings manually.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
My assumption is, and maybe wrongly so, that once I hook laptop up to JIB, then I can upload engine specific file onto JIB. Then once engine specific file is on JIB, it will update back to tablet correct/engine specific data back to tablet. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #10

You might want to call Silverleaf. I did and they were very helpful. Not sure how it works on a tablet. I believe the program is In the tablet not the jib. I think the jib simply sends the info to the tablet. I preprogrammed my Toughbook and had the screen set up for my C13 before I got my jib and it works great.
Steve