Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
SWag, thanks for the heads up, guess I will ask for Marc today when I call.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's Mark Overholser that you will want to speak with.

SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

Here is the ssystem at Silverleaf VMSPC9 VMS To 9 Pin Diagnostic Port Complete Engine Monitoring

For $306, complete set of hardware and cables.
Don,

I have been using the SilverLeaf VMSpc since September of 2010. I won't leave home without it. As a matter of fact since the coach is R HOME, I never leave home without it.

RVUpgrades has the cheapest price which you have already discovered.

The VMSpc is compatible with the Pressure Pro TPMS. However, there is additional equipment and cables needed for it to work.

My personal advice is forget the added cost for the Pressure Pro receiver and cables. Then use the money for the purchase of the Tire SafeGuard TPMS. It is a far better system with replaceable batteries.

I use a 10 inch Dell notebook for my display. It is adequate for the information I want displayed on the screen. Any smaller it would be too small to read the information and would clutter the screen.

I've included a photo of my current display.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VMSpc-14.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	62663   Click image for larger version

Name:	VMSpc-04.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	62664  

Old 05-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spoke with a guy named Corey at Silverleaf, who is a very smart fellow, whom I wish I spoke with on my first phone call. Silverleaf does make an Android product, that will do all the same stuff and work on your smartphone or tablet. They do not have this product listed on their website, nor do that have any information on it. They tell me it has only been out/available for a couple weeks now, the date on the App in the Google play store is Feb 27th, 2014.

Here is the link to the app: Silverleaf APP. Corey said they can also send out an APK file for those that are not connected to GooglePlay. For those who are not tech savy, with the APK file you could run this on your Kindle or other such tablet that has Bluetooth or Wifi that is not part of the GooglePlay environment.

There is 2 ways you can go on this, #1 Bluetooth or #2 Wifi. After speaking with Corey, the Bluetooth way is vastly superior to Wifi, mainly due to the way it connects via adhoc network protocals. Which basically means, you can either be connected to Wifi for internet or to Wifi for Silverleaf but not both; whereas with Bluetooth, you can connect to Silverleaf and surf the web at same time. The downside to using Bluetooth is that you can't be connected to your stereo/hands-free and be connected to Silverleaf, its a one or the other deal with Bluetooth.

Here is the rub for you existing customers, the black box is a completely different box than the one that hooks up to your laptop. This deal can't be purchased through any of the third party vendors, I asked specifically. So you have to pay full retail through Silverleaf for $399.

The Android App will record and show all the same information as the laptop version, however you can't see as many guages/info at one time as you can with a laptop due to amount of available space, but all the same info is there.

Looks like I will be ordering it up and joining the club.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #33

Spartan Chassis
Hi All..
How much and where do you buy the cables etc. Looked at their site and it was unclear..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post

Hi All..
How much and where do you buy the cables etc. Looked at their site and it was unclear..
Ron
Post #6

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 05-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Depends on what you want, if you want to run the laptop version, post #6
IF you want to run on your tablet or smartphone, call them up and order it directly, tell them you want the Bluetooth or Wifi version.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Spoke with a guy named Corey at Silverleaf, who is a very smart fellow, whom I wish I spoke with on my first phone call. Silverleaf does make an Android product, that will do all the same stuff and work on your smartphone or tablet. They do not have this product listed on their website, nor do that have any information on it. They tell me it has only been out/available for a couple weeks now, the date on the App in the Google play store is Feb 27th, 2014.

Here is the link to the app: Silverleaf APP. Corey said they can also send out an APK file for those that are not connected to GooglePlay. For those who are not tech savy, with the APK file you could run this on your Kindle or other such tablet that has Bluetooth or Wifi that is not part of the GooglePlay environment.

There is 2 ways you can go on this, #1 Bluetooth or #2 Wifi. After speaking with Corey, the Bluetooth way is vastly superior to Wifi, mainly due to the way it connects via adhoc network protocals. Which basically means, you can either be connected to Wifi for internet or to Wifi for Silverleaf but not both; whereas with Bluetooth, you can connect to Silverleaf and surf the web at same time. The downside to using Bluetooth is that you can't be connected to your stereo/hands-free and be connected to Silverleaf, its a one or the other deal with Bluetooth.

Here is the rub for you existing customers, the black box is a completely different box than the one that hooks up to your laptop. This deal can't be purchased through any of the third party vendors, I asked specifically. So you have to pay full retail through Silverleaf for $399.

The Android App will record and show all the same information as the laptop version, however you can't see as many guages/info at one time as you can with a laptop due to amount of available space, but all the same info is there.

Looks like I will be ordering it up and joining the club.
That's the news I have been waiting to hear. I will order as well.
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #37

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Post #6

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Richard..
I read the entire thread.. But didn't see that.. Don't you hate when that happens?
Really getting old I guess..
BTW Do you feel this is much better than a scangauge D?
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleggio View Post
Like others have said I will not move my rig without my Silverleaf running. I am using the Bluetooth version and it will run on my Asus tablet with Windows 8.1, my Galaxy tablet and/ or my iPhone without any problem. fwiw
Is the Bluetooth version you are running the same as DegoRed discussed in post #32 that you need to order direct from Silverleaf. How do you connect to the iPhone, is there an app. Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #39

Me too. My favorite addition PERIOD!
TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
I use it every trip...would not be without it!

As for the use of wires as opposed to Bluetooth, it's a non-issue for me. I have a spot on the dash where an old laptop permanently resides, and the wires are neatly tied down and almost invisible.

Rich & Linda
Old 05-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don, do a search for "vmsair" on your iPhone apps, the app is called VMS for iPhone and is free.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #41

One of the features of vmspec that is seldom discussed is its ability to see j1939 signals that are not mapped by the vmspec software. If you have a device that is properly interfaced to the j protocol you can assign it a gauge and monitor it as well.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
The photos that I have seen of iPad and Android screens with VMS running on them have been far inferior to the presentation on the PC. This is why I wanted a PC-tablet. But I have a question for those of you who are running it on the Android or iPad: how much customization can you do of the screen? Can you make some gauges large and others small, and arrange them in an endless variety of ways as you can on the PC? If so, that's where I'll be headed. I already own two iPads, but still I'd buy an Android tablet if that did a better job with VMS.

As for Bluetooth vs Wi-Fi, I have other devices that work simultaneously on Bluetooth. Are you sure you couldn't have one Bluetooth link between your VMS and your tablet, and another from your phone to your dash radio? I know you can't do this with Wi-Fi but it seems to me you could with Bluetooth.