Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I bought the Bluetooth version of VMSpc and a Dell Tablet. To make a log story short it did not work and I returned both for a refund. The tablet ran Windows 8 and the VMSpc Bluetooth would not connect with it. I would be happy to connect with USB cables but alas, the smaller tablets that I found all use their one and only USB port for charging, so you can't connect data and charging at the same time. Still looking.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #16

I've got the wifi jib, I can read the data on my Ipad, Iphone and laptop at the same time.

The first one they sent didn't work, they sent me a replacement and it works perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0961.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	62597
Old 05-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #17

Like others have said I will not move my rig without my Silverleaf running. I am using the Bluetooth version and it will run on my Asus tablet with Windows 8.1, my Galaxy tablet and/ or my iPhone without any problem. fwiw
Old 05-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #18

Quote:
. Not sure why they do not have bluetooth intergrated into their little black box that
I think they are a pretty small operation and it looks like the VMSpc product might not get the as much attention as their higher end stuff. I've had two of the VMSpc setups and love them but sure would rather see an iPad on my dash than the notebook I'm currently using. PDRJohn's post has my attention. Thanks.
jor
joraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just looked at my software, and couldn't find a gauge for EGT readings on the silverleaf.

Also, not designed for Apple OS, just Windows.

Like others have said, and I agree, I would not leave home without it. I have the common overheating problem on my Pusher & know when to stop before it starts to overheat.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Is the Pressure Pro the only TPMS system that works with Silverleaf.
Correct, the Pressure Pro system is the only TPMS that integrates with the VMSpc. I've got it on my system and it works flawlessly. I am using the external antenna as well, have run it to about mid coach in the basement and picks up the toad sensors with no problem. Note that if you want to use the Pressure Pro system with the Silverleaf setup you will need to by the Pressure Pro interface box from Silverleaf. I almost made the mistake of purchasing the PP system from the manufacturer directly but glad I called Silverleaf and found out that they have to supply that unit.

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joraz View Post
I think they are a pretty small operation and it looks like the VMSpc product might not get the as much attention as their higher end stuff. I've had two of the VMSpc setups and love them but sure would rather see an iPad on my dash than the notebook I'm currently using. PDRJohn's post has my attention. Thanks.
jor
The VMSpc system runs well on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet. The Joy Factory makes a very nice mount for the tablet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0140.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	62604  
Old 05-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
DegoRed.....Several posters here prove that you can run it on a tablet. I run mine on a small HP notebook mounted in the corner of the dash. I like the notebook because I can adjust items as I go with the keyboard. When I first assembled my VMSpc system, I didn't want to run it on 110volts, so I found the HP with a 12 volt plug

If your DP has a Cummins in it, you can't read EGT's. As I said, even Cummins doesn't care about EGT's. They look at the intake manifold temp, which I track. On my last coach, I added the DIGI CR chip which is similar to what you're using. I never had any heat issues and gained 52 HP on an ISL. The HP wasn't that big of a deal, but the expansion of the power band really made it run and climb well.

The only reason I didn't use a tablet was because they had just come out years ago when I installed the VMSpc and they were VERY pricey. My HP notebook, 12 volt power cable and VMSpc cable cost e $750.00 for the entire setup.

Maybe you're younger than some of us, but I like a large printout I can see while driving. Too many engine parameter windows open on mine to be able to see it on a phone.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #23

I run my VMSpc on a Toshiba Encore tablet, running Windows 8.1. It works very well, wouldn't start the engine without it. Had a few issues with 8.1. Encryption had to be disabled to load Silverleaf software, but after that flawless operation. Size of screen and sensitive touch screen made designing guage layout tricky. But great system.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Mike is your tablet using Bluetooth, Wifi, or Usb to connect with jib? If Usb, are you able to charge it while using it?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
By the way, the iPad and Android software is nowhere near as good as the Windows software, which is why I want to use a Windows tablet and not my iPad.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, am going to call Silverleaf again today, this time am going to speak with a developer/sr. programer to better help me understand the interface and how it works.

Have seveal old laptop & netbooks around the house, so its really not an issue of having to buy one, more so just dont want a big ole ugly laptop to look at. If we were back in 2000 this would be the norm, but in 2014 most tablets/phones are more power than a 3 year old laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleggio View Post
I am using the Bluetooth version and it will run on my Asus tablet with Windows 8.1, my Galaxy tablet and/ or my iPhone without any problem.
Can you elaborate on this some, have a couple old 7" galaxy tabs sitting around that would be perfect for this. Do you plug the bluetooth dongle into the black box and then just sync up on the tablet? Walk me through the process as best you can please. Did you have to download the APK file directly from Silverleaf? Was not able to find an app in the Google play store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
By the way, the iPad and Android software is nowhere near as good as the Windows software, which is why I want to use a Windows tablet and not my iPad.
Marc, you are so wrong here my friend. The windows market place has virtlually no apps compared to the Android marketplace. Had a windows tablet for about a month, tried using it, it was just awful. Then gave it to my kids, after about a week, they gave it back, "Dad this tablet sucks". Ended up giving it to one of our friends, she is over 65, a solid member of the No-Tech crowd, she loves it. Hardly any develpers even design for the windows marketplace. Those windows tablets will be paperweights sooner than later, but sounds like they will make good engine monitors.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post

Yep, only about 3/4 of what I can have on the laptop.

I put my most important at the top, then scroll for any other info I want.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe Marc was making reference to the Silverleaf software in terms of the functionality of the Windows vs IOS or Android. The Windows version of the VMSpc software seems to be much better than the others.

Mark is the lead developer of VMSpc at Silverleaf. I spoke with him several times prior to deciding on what to purchase. I ended up having to spend $500 on the Microsoft Surface Pro tablet as he steered me away from anything with the Intel Atom processor, apparently he's had problems with that processor but indicated that the Surface Pro was working fine. I'm reading here that others are using the Toshiba tablet with the Atom processor and it's working flawlessly (wish I had gone that route).

I use my Surface Pro tablet for only my VMSpc display, I find it useless and frustrating in comparison to my iPad for anything else.