Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
We love our sleep number bed, bought one for the brick house after inheriting one on our 07 Tiffin.

I replaced the "module" after experiencing the handset failure you have. It is very easy to do, and the new version is wireless.

Stick with the sleep number!
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin View Post
We love our sleep number bed, bought one for the brick house after inheriting one on our 07 Tiffin.

I replaced the "module" after experiencing the handset failure you have. It is very easy to do, and the new version is wireless.

Stick with the sleep number!
Did you ever tear into the old module to see what's inside?
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Don

Can you get to the pump & see if their are any ID tags or such? I can't find any info on the sleep number site related to remotes w/o display. What year is that coach?
My coach is a 2012 model. I went to look at the pump but it is too hard to get at with our moving the bed and taking out screws. But I did find the brochure in my documents case. On page 12 it shows 3 kinds of remotes, 2 with numbers which I believe are wireless, on one with no numbers and just an inflate and deflate switch and this control is hard wired.

I really love the bed. I went to SAMS and bought a queen size foam topper made by Sharper image and it really made it comfortable. It is a topper that you flip from one side to the other for temp control. One side has a gel mat, the other doesn't. I paid $99 for the topper.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #18

Had same problem with ours that came with our used. 2002 HR we bought 2 years ago. Remote worked sometimes then quit completely. Removed two screws and sprayed electron board with electric contact cleaner It has worked like new for the past several momths
bobfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
For those with Winnebago units, the sleep number bed is made by INNOMAX and there is a web site "airbedsunlimited.com" that has any and every replacement part needed at very reasonable $. I had issues with the air hose locking setup breaking causing the bed to leak down. Went on the site and found a vastly improved "Locking Cam" female connector that was a direct replacement that solved the issue with the original connectors.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
For those with Winnebago units, the sleep number bed is made by INNOMAX and there is a web site "airbedsunlimited.com" that has any and every replacement part needed at very reasonable $. I had issues with the air hose locking setup breaking causing the bed to leak down. Went on the site and found a vastly improved "Locking Cam" female connector that was a direct replacement that solved the issue with the original connectors.
Great information. Thanks for the post.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
The "module" in our Winnebago is behind the drawer that is under the bedside table on the right side, towards the rear in our case. To remove it we had to find the small screws that attach the panel on the bed side and remove the plywood under it. If you remove the drawer the unit can be seen but not well. It is attached using "industrial strength" Velcro. The replacement was much smaller so it went in easily.

Whatever your make and model MH look closely at how the panels and stuff are put together if the unit is buried like ours. We took apart much more than needed to get the job done. It was worth the effort though. The new wireless model makes life easier. We only got one remote that controls both side of course but after getting both sides how we like them the remote gets almost no use anyway.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #22
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are on our 2nd Winnebago coach with a Sleep Number bed. My DW loves the Sleep Number bed and would not change.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #23

OK folkes we recieved the package from Sleep Number yesterday. Inside a "module" and ONE wireless remote. When the temps start climbing above freezing during the day I'll head out to the rig and install.
I might tear into the original "module" and see what's inside.