Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

Sleep number mattress

We have one of these and my wife's side leaks. (and yes it was her side BEFORE it started leaking lol). Has anyone had this happen and can offer a starting place to look to repair? I really don't want to spend $1500+ to replace it and I rather like MY side

John and Judy
WannaFTit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #2

You will need to trace the leak. The most common place is where the air line from the pump plugs into the mattress. There are normally a couple of other connectors in the lines that you can check. If you listen carefully without any other noise present you may be able to hear the leak. I guess it is possible to puncture a mattress, but they are pretty sturdy.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Most Sleep Numbers have a 20 year warranty, with most owners registered with them, even if you don't have the origianal paperwork.

Our bed had the exact same problem, and yes, it was the wife's side too!

The owners manual instructed us to switch the hoses and see which side went "down."

If the husband side now losses air, it is in the hoses/pump.

If the wife's side still loses air, it is the matress/air bag.

In our case the wife's side continuied to lose air, and Sleep Number replaced it. We had to pay only the shipping costs.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #4

I had the same problem, except it my side. I like mine set around 55, but, it was going down to 20. Tiffin replace the air pump twice, (hard wired hand sets), had to replace for the third time. This time, it came with a remote for both sides. Have not had a problem in two years. Best sleep outside of doing a cruise again.

360HP Cummings
jcrowder47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Folks View Post
Most Sleep Numbers have a 20 year warranty, with most owners registered with them, even if you don't have the origianal paperwork. ....
Yep, just call/email even on-line chat with Select Comfort. Sleep Number Beds and Mattress by Sleep Number

A good way to find leaks is use spray bottle with a little water and a shot of dish soap all shaken up to suds. Lightly spray around all the hose connection and seams looking for bubbling.
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Wife's side leaked, used my filler hose, reinflated her side, capped mattress, called sleep number, they sent new pump to our new destination, returned old pump in prepaid box two years ago. NO LEAKS, it was the valve in the outlet on the pump. Great service, great sleep, very satisfied.
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #7

We had a hose come off the mattress.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote